Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 2020 Short Track Is Coming (Read 14897 times)
team_ssr
Big Ring

Do hard things

Re: 2020 Short Track Is Coming
Reply #20 - 12/24/19 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
The racing seems to be the best when the course is very simple and passing is relatively easy.  The roadies should be complaining that it's a little too technical and the MTBers should be complaining about it's too "paved".  Just my opinion of course, but it's a lot more fun to race and watch when it's more balanced.

Deo Volente
IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #21 - 12/24/19 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
The addition of the big berms, droppy bits, and the A/B line climb options got me stoked enough to do the whole series again last year.

I gotta say that the more it stays the same, the more it feels like a "time to make the donuts" situation.

If I wanted the same thing over and over ad nauseam until I'm ded, I'd buy a road bike and hit the Booty Loop.

There's a good reason that I've been showing up to short track work days ever since this thing started back in... 2004?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #22 - 01/13/20 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Spread the word...Sierra Nevada is a great sponsor of the Winter Short Track Series. They are also an official sponsor of the THTB Heckler Garden at A-Line B-Line. Make sure your membership is up to date and active because we will be onsite pouring some sweet "swag" for THTB Members. But don't worry, if you sign up to become a member while at the race you will also be poured some "swag". We will be roping off an official heckle garden to contain the fun. 

Also, rumor has it Jake will also be cooking up some bacon, burger, or maybe even chicken Hand Ups some weeks. 

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #23 - 01/14/20 at 4:01am
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 12/11/19 at 3:45am:
crap, I need to start riding again

yup, didn't start riding again

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #24 - 01/14/20 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
You don’t need to ride to heckle

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #25 - 01/14/20 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
if im comin im racin sons

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #26 - 01/14/20 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Short track swag has arrived.

IP Logged

BJE
Coaster Bike

Reply #27 - 01/15/20 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Your giving away a dog???

IP Logged

gonzo
In The Loop

Reply #28 - 01/15/20 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
no, but unattended children will be given 2 espresso shots and a free puppy.

I have reason to believe that the squirrels are mocking me.
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

SurlyDave
Small Cog

Reply #29 - 01/16/20 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Arrived? Getting Beer delivered to the house I guess is a perk of doing the club books😁

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #30 - 01/20/20 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Unfit Pearl is > “fit” WearsMyBike

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #31 - 01/20/20 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Dude you gapped me hard on the singletrack! You were ripping! I’ll try and get some of the video cut for ya

Unfit or not, that super sport race was STACKED and that was probably the biggest field I’ve ever seen at that category. 

This has definitely got me focused to be fit again, let’s see how it goes from here!

IP Logged

mountainbiker90
Small Cog

Is it 5 yet??

Reply #32 - 01/20/20 at 2:54am
Print Post  
An 'unfit pearl' is a relative term!

Wanted to post here with some feedback I received from a few of our team that were there today.  Many of them are new to racing.  The impression they got from the THTB tent was vulgar music, excessive drinking, and heckling to 'pedal fat dude' to some of the kids.  I wasn't on the course, was in the pit area to attend to wrenching and needs like that.  Did get text messages tonight asking to talk with Neal about it but wanted to post here first.  I think the actions of a few (probably not those who frequent here but are probably known by club members) have hurt the name of the club.  Wanted to share this in hopes that the current uninvolved riders and the next generation of riders will hop on board.  Please give thought to the free flowing beer and vibes put forth by the club.  We at our shop are doing everything possible to further the cause of the club and the sport.  Please consider.  Thank you!

Edit- on a positive note, I think this was the highest attendance of racers to date!  Was super stoked to see so many people out there battling it out!!!  Let's keep it going strong!
« Last Edit: 01/20/20 at 2:57am by mountainbiker90 »  

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge:)

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #33 - 01/20/20 at 3:36am
Print Post  
I’ll have a talk with the folks. The music, not THTB but regardless the speaker was placed under the tent so it’s our responsibility. It’s amazing the actual lyrics which get censored once over the air. The Heckling, it’s love/hate. I have a rule that I only having biting comments for people I know personally. But an outsider who does not know I know a person, my comments can sound pretty bad. For women’s, juniors, and beginners it’s  positive comments only. And during the clysdale race, which is the only none junior or women’s race I was at the tent is was all positive. That said it here are others who may not represent THTB unfairly representing us by proximity only. And the official THTB reps took a day away from their own families to support the race and racers.

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #34 - 01/20/20 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the perspective. The music wasn't ours and I wasn't really paying attention to it, but I reached out and asked that they do more family-friendly music in the future. Also keep in mind that many people bring beer, and many people on that hill are not Trailblazers. We only brought a handful of six packs for a very long day. I'd echo what Brian said, that it seemed most of the "heckling" was saved for more advanced races or people we knew (except in my case, where I was repeatedly shamed for taking the B-line  Cry ). On the plus side, I had quite a few people come by the tent for good conversation, gave away a bunch of stickers and sold a few tech tees. Nobody has won Shaq-Fu though...

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #35 - 01/20/20 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Wears my bike wrote on 01/20/20 at 3:36am:
The Heckling, it’s love/hate. I have a rule that I only having biting comments for people I know personally. But an outsider who does not know I know a person, my comments can sound pretty bad. For women’s, juniors, and beginners it’s positive comments only.

This should be the rule for all heckling. If you know someone personally and would say those things directly to their face, it's fair game. I have some mean friends though.

Shockingly, everyone was very nice to me, which was strange this go around? Or maybe I don't have any friends? I guess because I was pack fodder they felt bad Tongue

IP Logged

mountainbiker90
Small Cog

Is it 5 yet??

Reply #36 - 01/20/20 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Cool. Just wanted to bring up what some impressions were to me. I got almost no heckling in the single speed category, which was surprising. My post was less about that, as it can’t be controlled by the club but more of a perception about the club from the tent area and handing out of the adult beverages.  One described it to me as feeling like a ‘frat party’. Again, I really wanted to bring it up as what can be perceived, especially by those with kids who seem to be more sensitive than I.

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge:)

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #37 - 01/20/20 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
I honestly appreciate the feedback. Lesson learned on the things we can control we will address.

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #38 - 01/20/20 at 3:25pm
Print Post  

Heres my lap one, which was as good as it got for me yesterday.

IP Logged

crackednipples
Big Ring

Reply #39 - 01/20/20 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
mountainbiker90 wrote on 01/20/20 at 3:02pm:
Cool. Just wanted to bring up what some impressions were to me. I got almost no heckling in the single speed category, which was surprising. My post was less about that, as it can’t be controlled by the club but more of a perception about the club from the tent area and handing out of the adult beverages.  One described it to me as feeling like a ‘frat party’. Again, I really wanted to bring it up as what can be perceived, especially by those with kids who seem to be more sensitive than I.

That is the way it has always been and helps kick up the excitement in the winter time....... Thats the Short Track mud & sh*t personality so to speak. My fat arse might have to get some again, its been way too long

Huh? Right. What? Uhh Huh? What? Right. Uhh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print