Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Motorized balance bike??? (Read 1103 times)
Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Motorized balance bike???
12/14/19 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Harley Davidson is selling a "motorized balance bike". It has foot rests, and a throttle. Is this not a motorcycle?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Re: Motorized balance bike???
Reply #1 - 12/15/19 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
If it's electric, it's probably regarded as an e-bike. And who cares. Is it going to ruin the future of trail riding?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)
GTalk  
IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #2 - 12/15/19 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 12/15/19 at 6:22pm:
If it's electric, it's probably regarded as an e-bike. And who cares. Is it going to ruin the future of trail riding?

That part has yet to be seen. When everybody is riding high powered bikes, and the land owners realize it has become a problem, then the future becomes a issue.

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 12/16/19 at 8:51am
Print Post  
The electric balance bike seems to be marketed towards the Harley riding crowd who want their young little tykes to enjoy in their passion. I believe that rude and so called entitled riders are more a threat to our sport. Every time I'm out on the trail, I get riders who come up behind me. And make heavy breathing grunting sounds. They can't even announce their presence. I'm one of the unlucky riders that was born without the eyes on the back of my head. A friendly greeting or even a "Out of the way,MF" would be accepted. I also come from old school mountain biking, where I learned to ride through a puddle, instead of going around and widening the trail more. I come out of the trail with dirt on my bike. While the multi thousand dollar machines come out clean and pristine. I was sitting here thinking about all the e-bikes I've encountered on the trail since it's become an issue. And I can't remember seeing any over the past years. And now I'm supposed to worry about a bunch of leather clad pre schoolers on their Harley balance  bikes Sad Shocked Cheesy
« Last Edit: 12/16/19 at 9:02am by Impaler 58 »  
GTalk  
IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #4 - 12/16/19 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Yep, what he said.

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #5 - 12/17/19 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Geez, is this the Hallmark channel?

This is how they market products, etc.. in America. And they're all looking for the next hula hoop, pet rock, or hoverboard.. Arguably the stupidest toy ever.

They start by proselytizing the children. 

Until everything becomes a giant blur of inclusiveness, and most sensible people grow tired of defending the very things they hold dear and that connect us to nature.
Some call this 'progress'.
I've got a different term.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #6 - 12/17/19 at 3:06am
Print Post  
IntheBush wrote on 12/17/19 at 1:34am:
Geez, is this the Hallmark channel?

This is how they market products, etc.. in America. And they're all looking for the next hula hoop, pet rock, or hoverboard.. Arguably the stupidest toy ever.

They start by proselytizing the children. 

Until everything becomes a giant blur of inclusiveness, and most sensible people grow tired of defending the very things they hold dear and that connect us to nature.
Some call this 'progress'.
I've got a different term.

Aww schnap, someone shook the bush.  Wonder what his position is on club members poaching their own trails.

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #7 - 12/17/19 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Robert C. wrote on 12/17/19 at 3:06am:

Aww schnap, someone shook the bush.  Wonder what his position is on club members poaching their own trails. 

With trail work, comes privilege.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print