Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Best lined baggy mtb shorts (Read 722 times)
Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Best lined baggy mtb shorts
02/06/20 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Since trails may be closed for a bit, time to do some shopping.  Knowing from experience lined baggies can be hit or miss, what's your favorite and why?

Fox can myself, although I can no longer find the ones I like

IP Logged

Bonsai Nut
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Best lined baggy mtb shorts
Reply #1 - 02/06/20 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
I'm a big fan of the Endura Hummvee II.

Not cheap, but comes with the removable padded liner that retails for $40 by itself.  I have two pair, and combined with four liners you can pretty much ride four times before laundry is required.  It is pretty rare for me to bike four times in one week, but it does happen Smiley

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Fit is great, snug at the waist without being too tight, with an adjustable belt to snug it up or loosen it depending on preference.  Shorts below the waist are nice and loose, which makes a big difference if you bike in the heat.  Deep zippered pockets that I can carry a camera in while I ride... and I don't know it's there.

I can ride in these shorts "as is" down to about 38 degrees, depending on wind (wearing a long sleeve jersey and light jacket and full-fingered gloves).  Beyond that I wear leg warmers under the shorts so I can remove them once I warm up.

Very sturdy.  I wore an old pair for a number of years until the printed logo literally wore off... but the shorts themselves showed only light wear.
« Last Edit: 02/06/20 at 4:47pm by Bonsai Nut »  

“...there does seem to be a correlation between how hard people work for something and how much respect they have for it.” - Kioti
IP Logged

Mr.B
Coaster Bike

Re: Best lined baggy mtb shorts
Reply #2 - 02/09/20 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Wear bibs and ride what ever shorts your want.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print