Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Dirt Rag magazine is closing up shop! (Read 717 times)
Trail Junky
Small Cog

Dirt Rag magazine is closing up shop!
02/15/20 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Another one bites the dust!

-Clay

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

We’re Done
Maurice Tierney  —  February 9, 2020

It is with great sadness that I’m writing to say, that after 30 years, Dirt Rag is shutting its doors and ceasing all operations, including the website and Dirt Fest.

The reasons are myriad, but the bottom line is that the Dirt Rag print magazine, Dirt Rag website, and Dirt Fest festivals were all integral to our bottom line and that no part of our operation could survive without the others.

Thanks to everyone who helped keep the lights on for over three decades by supporting our special brand of off-beat journalism and our community-based events. Here’s to the legacy of the last 30 years, to the future of our sport, and to every one of you that came along for the ride.

Sincerely,

Maurice and the entire Dirt Rag staff

Landfill Mining Co.
Managing the (Un)natural Resources of Tomorrow

IP Logged

SurlyDave
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Dirt Rag magazine is closing up shop!
Reply #1 - 02/15/20 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Sad day but we all knew it was coming.  For awhile I thought that Bicycle Times was going to outlast DR but the world of marketing is changing fast.   

I went on a ride at Renni with Maurice T. and some of the staff about 2005 after bumping into them at Black Sheep Cycles.  They were touring around the Southeast to get away from the Pittsburg Winter and I believe Ethan took them on the Booty Loop that morning.  I wanted to show them the good stuff at Poplar Tent but they were heading south out of town so Renni it was.

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Re: Dirt Rag magazine is closing up shop!
Reply #2 - 02/15/20 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Saw it coming also a few years ago when the magazine dropped the advocacy stories and moved to doing cookie cutter reviews of bikes. Then they became just another bike magazine. 
So it is. Was not going to renew subscription especially when the past year the online version was not much more than fluff. 
Am down to one print magazine: Bicycling.

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print