Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic North Meck Stream Restoration Update: June 8 (Read 421 times)
marching
Coaster Bike

North Meck Stream Restoration Update: June 8
03/10/20 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Stream Restoration Update

Huntersville Parks & Rec have informed us that the pending stream restoration project for North Meck Park is moving forward in June of this year.  The trail will be CLOSED to all users starting on June 8th.   Signs will be posted at each of the trail heads, and no one will be permitted to use any part of the trail until the work is completed— the end date remains tbd.  IF you are not already familiar with the project, it’s going to have a major impact on our little lap.  Once the work is complete, we will most likely be in a spot where we will need to put in significant effort to reconnect the existing trail with the newly restored areas impacted by the project.    

While this is a punch in the gut for us in Huntersville, I’m confident we’ll end up with a better trail in long run. I’d like to think this temporary closure will give everyone the chance to further explore the growing network of trails created by the Tarheel Trailblazers in the area- go explore!  

I will provide more updates once I learn more, but please start to mentally prepare yourselves for no riding/hiking/walking starting June 8.

More to come!

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Re: North Meck Stream Restoration Update: June 8
Reply #1 - 03/11/20 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the update!