Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) BYT status? (Read 9622 times)
gubna

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

BYT status?
06/04/20 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Is it still wet? Or is there another reason it’s closed? Thanks!

Just curious since I check the status everyday. Ok, more like three times a day.

IP Logged

Zaspex

Tree Check - Cicada's
Meow

Re: BYT status?
Reply #1 - 06/04/20 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
All assumptions here - Old jump line area, including towards poo tracks, has numerous massive trees down - mini loop now goes through a pond. I saw that just from "wandering by"  the other day.  I would imagine there are other issues deeper in the system.  MD and PRP looking good.

IP Logged

2whldrifter
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/05/20 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Just rode a little BYT loop over my lunch hour...THANK YOU to those who have cleared the trees.  Your work is appreciated!   
One observation - as someone who has been riding back there since '99; it really is getting beat up...poor thing.

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Reply #3 - 06/06/20 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Wait a minute there 2whldrifter. So you admit to riding there today knowing that the trail is still closed?

ciao
Santana

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #4 - 06/06/20 at 10:59am
Print Post  
And then complains about it getting beat up....hmmmmmmm

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

2whldrifter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/08/20 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Santana and Wears my bike:  I truly thought that the trail was open (had seen multiple strava runs out there) but admittedly did not check status on the boards. 
Was it not open around noon on Friday 6/5 (@1:00ish) BEFORE the rains came? I rode the little section up by the entrance to the plant- and it was dry- and I am confident that I did not do trail damage.
If not- totally my bad (this is something I do try to keep tabs on.)   
I see your point that it comes across that I am complaining- did not mean to come across as such- just was making an observation. 
For the record- I do try to keep up with trail maintenance as time allows- as I really love these trails.
Not trying to cause a stir- was only trying to help.   
Will avoid both the club and forums moving forward.  Good luck to you both- your passion is exemplary.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #6 - 06/08/20 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
This does raise the question, how much of a beating did the BYT take to have it closed for an extended period of time?

Options to close a particular loop while keeping others open?

Trail has been riding great with all the recent work

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #7 - 06/08/20 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Santana and Wears my bike:  I truly thought that the trail was open (had seen multiple strava runs out there) but admittedly did not check status on the boards. 
Was it not open around noon on Friday 6/5 (@1:00ish) BEFORE the rains came? I rode the little section up by the entrance to the plant- and it was dry- and I am confident that I did not do trail damage.
If not- totally my bad (this is something I do try to keep tabs on.)   
I see your point that it comes across that I am complaining- did not mean to come across as such- just was making an observation. 
For the record- I do try to keep up with trail maintenance as time allows- as I really love these trails.
Not trying to cause a stir- was only trying to help.  
Will avoid both the club and forums moving forward.  Good luck to you both- your passion is exemplary.

Thin Skin

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #8 - 06/09/20 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Robert C. wrote on 06/08/20 at 4:24pm:
This does raise the question, how much of a beating did the BYT take to have it closed for an extended period of time?

Options to close a particular loop while keeping others open?

Trail has been riding great with all the recent work

This ^^^

Is it a tree down issue or water drainage issue? I haven't seen any trail days posted for BYT so am wondering if there is something more serious going on out there. It would be helpful if someone  with knowledge of what the issues are posts them up here so we're not left in the dark wondering what's up.with the trail and why it's remaining closed.

I see cars with bike racks on them parked in the BYT lot everyday so it's fair to guess people are riding it.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #9 - 06/11/20 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Must resist casting a line.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #10 - 06/11/20 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I must resist on commenting on anything you post or should I?

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #11 - 06/11/20 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 06/11/20 at 5:32pm:
I must resist on commenting on anything you post or should I?

No! I beseech you! No!

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #12 - 06/11/20 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Folks are simply looking for more details behind an extended closure.  Seems a fair request.

Zombie Apocalypse on the tech loop?

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #13 - 06/12/20 at 1:28am
Print Post  
Lots of rain and trees down. Go troll elsewhere! Trail has to be moved now and others are working on it while you sit and get blisters on your fingertips from typing.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #14 - 06/12/20 at 2:15am
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 06/12/20 at 1:28am:
Lots of rain and trees down. Go troll elsewhere! Trail has to be moved now and others are working on it while you sit and get blisters on your fingertips from typing.

Schedule for said trailwork seems to be missing from the homepage.

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #15 - 06/12/20 at 2:39am
Print Post  
I’m not the said TC anymore Lee,Tim and David are. I’m busy working on something else. No time for trolls in my world only people with the passion for turning dirt,digging up trees and stacking dirt.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #16 - 06/12/20 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Regarding workdays; until a week ago (maybe 2, or possibly 3 as the days are blurring together) we had not been allowed to schedule work days. You know, the whole no groups of more than 6 thing, so there’s that. Also, most of us have been scrambling to keep their business, work, or lights on. I know David has been crushed with real life and a kid, Lee is working like a dog at real work and when he has free time he has been spending time with family and photography and then working at BYT just as hard when he can squeeze it in. I personally have those who feel i already spend too much time looking at, thinking about, and or riding my bike so to get free time for trail work is tough. 

I think we have to remember the trails are built and maintained by volunteers and it is a privilege to have them. We don’t have paid staff (yet) and the county and city do not fund anything we do. Most of the work that happens there is when we have free time and these volunteers and all of us are being stretched to the max right now. 

But at any time anyone is free to grab a saw to walk the trails and clear trees and branches, grab a machete to clear face slappers or brush, pick up sticks, clear a drain, block a ride around, or heaven forbid even lay sticks in a mud whole as an intern fix to prevent the trail from getting widened until it can get fixed properly. Any of these actions do not need permission, provided you do not remove rocks, a feature or otherwise change the trail to suit your ridding and will help clear up general maintenance backlogs to help the trail open quicker. 

Riding bikes is a privilege not a right and doing a small acts will help (like stoping to pick up another’s goo packet vs seeing it, thinking that person is an arse, but then keep on riding. It’s the same as seeing a fallen branch in the way and then leaving it and riding on).

Thats my thoughts. Hopefully Enoch won’t delete this comment like my last comment (which was rightfully deleted as it was full of hate and misdirected anger).

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Reply #17 - 06/12/20 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
I would rather not just have anyone out walking the trail with a chainsaw and removing downed trees. Believe it or not but just having a chainsaw does not make someone competent in removing and clearing a downed tree due to a storm. Often storm damage has a higher risk of hanging trunks with multiple compression points. Death is only a short mistake away and I can guarantee that the tree does not care if you are on top of it, underneath, or on the wrong side while you are cutting. Just recently we had an experienced individual come very close to making a mistake which could have been fatal. This individual was out on the trail alone which is common for some of us to do at BYT. 

I have spoken with Mark Sullivan and I believe we are in agreeance that in the near future we will have another training session for safe handling of saws and safe techniques for felling, limbing, and bucking trees.. 

This does not mean we do not want help from others with pruning shears and shovels, by all means the more the merrier. 

It's just my opinion, but I never want to feel like the desire for someone to help on the trails has created an unnecessary tragedy just because myself or another qualified TC can't make it out for a few days to do the removal.

Here is my one time in 40 years of almost making that fatal mistake for anyone doubting my thought process for the safe removal of downed trees. 10 years ago I was cutting an 18” trunk that crossed the trail in two points. 

I assessed the tree and made a plan. The tension and compression point was in a horizontal plane about 3 feet off the ground.
I made a small relief cut on the compression side. Felt my phone ringing in my pocket. Killed the saw and sat it on the trunk. During that 8 minute conversation I was walking around while I became angry with the individual I was talking with. Phone call ended I walked back over to the tree grabbed my saw and started cutting again, next thing I knew I was thrown backwards 10 feet by the upper trunk. 

Bruised and a bit more pissed off I sat back and realized what I had done. 

I had wandered around long enough to make my way on the tension side of the tree where I had left my backpack and water bottle. After the call ended I had gone back to the tree grabbed the saw and proceeded to make a relief cut on what I thought was the compression side of the tree but in reality I had completely forgotten I had already done that and was now standing in the danger zone of the tension side.

My 1st mistake was when I first went out. I knew that I only had a short amount of time to work on the trail. So I was rushed. 
2nd mistake was not taking the time to limb the tree properly.
3rd mistake was planning on only removing the trunk section that crossed the trail. I knew this was more risky but common and can be done in a safe manner.
4th was answering my phone while I was in the middle of this process.
5th was not taking the time to refocus on what I was doing. 
6th is continuing to go out in the woods to cut out trees and work on the trail for a bunch of whiny ass boomers.  Grin

Ever since then I really take my time. I assess the tree more than once during the initial inspection and depending on the size of the tree I reassess a couple more times during the process. Especially after removing larger limbs or sections. Most important is I stay focused and do not try and rush the job.

ciao
Santana

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #18 - 06/12/20 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
I meant Hand Saw....

IP Logged

drdirt55
Small Cog

Stupid should be painful

Reply #19 - 06/12/20 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
I just like the thought of a machete for face slappers...you know, make it fun
Cheesy

Ride On

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #20 - 06/12/20 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
The machete is honestly my favorite corridor clearing tool...

IP Logged

LittleSammyFly

Reply #21 - 06/13/20 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Let me start off by saying I appreciate everything the trail blazers do. I'm a member and make monthly donations to the club, but I've also never attended a meeting. I feel like the majority of our members are like me. Only time I really check this site is for trail closures. Occasionally I'll look at these forums when something weird is going on, like one of Charlotte's most popular trails being closed for nearly a month. 

The lack of any real response to questions like these is a common occurrence, it seems. Why? Why not just be transparent with your members? The people who fund the entire operation? Yes, we may not be the ones out there getting dirty on a regular bases, but we still support the club and are owed an explanation. 

When you aren't transparent, you invite the curious to go check for themselves. Also, BYT is a huge trail system. If there are certain loops with issues, why not just close those loops? The reality is, the club really has no power to stop anyone from riding these trails at any time they want, but there are those of us who try our best to respect trail closures. When a trial has been closed for almost a month with no explanation, many will start to question if the closures are valid or reasonable. 

A great example of this is at renny, which at one time was marked closed for months even while short track races were taking place. When things like that happen, those of us who normally try to respect the closures will assume they no longer have meaning.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #22 - 06/13/20 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
David posted an update on Facebook, just not here. Short answer, lots of trees down and only qualified sawyers can clear them. Of which we have 5 or 6 guys., all volunteers using their own chainsaws to clear them on their free time.  Then rain, more trees, rain, more trees, rain, more trees. Also, there’s this whole Covid thing going on. So we can’t hold meetings. If we had, there would have been an update and fun meetings minutes to read with the update. So there ya go lots of trees and lots of rain have kept it closed. 

Also, the guys have been making a final push to get it open this weekend,

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #23 - 06/13/20 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Also, short track can be ridden when Renni is closed, so closed means closed and fences up mean don’t ride around it.

IP Logged

LittleSammyFly

Reply #24 - 06/15/20 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Wears my bike wrote on 06/13/20 at 4:42pm:
Also, the guys have been making a final push to get it open this weekend,

Awesome news! I rode Sherman Saturday but am always happy when BYT is open since it's a short ride from my house. 

Any thought to splitting it up a bit? When things are a bit damp, I notice the tech loop tends to dry out a bit quicker than other parts of the trail. Same with the battle axe/skinnies loop. If all the trees were down around the old jump line and the mini-loop, why not just close those?  BYT is massive! It's a shame to close the whole thing because of 1 or 2 problem areas. 

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #25 - 06/17/20 at 1:51am
Print Post  
LittleSammyFly wrote on 06/13/20 at 11:43am:
Let me start off by saying I appreciate everything the trail blazers do. I'm a member and make monthly donations to the club, but I've also never attended a meeting. I feel like the majority of our members are like me. Only time I really check this site is for trail closures. Occasionally I'll look at these forums when something weird is going on, like one of Charlotte's most popular trails being closed for nearly a month. 

The lack of any real response to questions like these is a common occurrence, it seems. Why? Why not just be transparent with your members? The people who fund the entire operation? Yes, we may not be the ones out there getting dirty on a regular bases, but we still support the club and are owed an explanation. 

When you aren't transparent, you invite the curious to go check for themselves. Also, BYT is a huge trail system. If there are certain loops with issues, why not just close those loops? The reality is, the club really has no power to stop anyone from riding these trails at any time they want, but there are those of us who try our best to respect trail closures. When a trial has been closed for almost a month with no explanation, many will start to question if the closures are valid or reasonable. 

A great example of this is at renny, which at one time was marked closed for months even while short track races were taking place. When things like that happen, those of us who normally try to respect the closures will assume they no longer have meaning.

Dixie River trail.  No posted workdays or trail status, yet high $$ club equipment stolen from the site, and videos on YouTube showing a pretty well ridden trails system.

Just because you are in the club doesn't mean you are in the club.   Roll Eyes

A two word mention in monthly club minutes  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #26 - 06/17/20 at 3:38am
Print Post  
No parking lot. How many times does this update have to be given.  We can’t open the trail until the parking lot is built, the parking lot is being built by others, they have not started building it. This is not a conspiracy to hoard the trail for a select few. Nothing would make us happier than to open it, but we can’t. Also, until we have a clear picture as to when the lot will be open, we are not putting anymore resources into Dixie River.

IP Logged

LittleSammyFly

Reply #27 - 06/17/20 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Wears my bike wrote on 06/17/20 at 3:38am:
No parking lot. How many times does this update have to be given.  We can’t open the trail until the parking lot is built, the parking lot is being built by others, they have not started building it. This is not a conspiracy to hoard the trail for a select few. Nothing would make us happier than to open it, but we can’t. Also, until we have a clear picture as to when the lot will be open, we are not putting anymore resources into Dixie River.

Why not open the trail without parking similar to what was done during the stay at home order? I'm definitely not close enough to ride in like with BYT but I'm sure there are plenty of others that are who would love to utilize the trail system. 

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Reply #28 - 06/18/20 at 2:11am
Print Post  
There is no nearby parking and there is no room to park at the entrance, which happens to be a narrow dirt/gravel opening with a gate. People could park in the grass along the road but it wouldn't be long before windows would get smashed. 

I don't know Robert but he always brings up this trail and lack of parking and being closed which has been discussed several times. 

ciao
Santana

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #29 - 06/18/20 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Why not open the trail without parking similar to what was done during the stay at home order? I'm definitely not close enough to ride in like with BYT but I'm sure there are plenty of others that are who would love to utilize the trail system. 

Ultimate Thread jacking time, lol.  BYT being wet is old news   Wink

Since the Thread has over 1200 views I'll chime in on the thread jacking as one of the team members that has worked to develop the Dixie River Project for over three years now.  Sorry, I won't do an extensive Q and A on responses to this post, but I want to point out the very basics of what is now transpiring.  

The Dixie River Property is a city parcel that is leased to the County for Meck County Parks and Recreation to manage.  We, the THTB, have an agreement to build trails on said property.  However, we are not a government organization and cannot simply "Open" a new public park whenever we please.  The government entity has to agree that conditions are safe, add the management of the park to their internal workload, and then when they are ready, the park can be opened to the public.  To be fair, the county never asked for a new park here.  Hell, many of their top staff didn't even realize they have an agreement on this parcel (since it's city property) to use it as a park.  Because of this it has taken them a while to figure out how this new park fits into their parks system.  It's not on any of their internally adopted plans for new park development.  Yes, the County has been aware of our trail development every step of the way, but now that we're relatively close to the finish line for phase 1, they actually have to get their ducks in a row.  The county has been working to open parks in other areas they serve and when you try to bring a new park online that wasn't really in their work queue, you have to wait.   

The point of that explanation is it's their park not ours.  The THTB has no power to open a new publicly accessible amenity, only the land manager does...  We are working to come to an agreement with the County on how a parking lot can be constructed and how the park will be managed once it is able to be open to the public.  We can only advocate for the County to make this park a priority, we can't force them to open it.  It's up to them to see the value in opening a new park and moving this project up in their queue to make it happen.  

Real progress is being made and the THTB organization will communicate to the masses when it is the appropriate time.
« Last Edit: 06/18/20 at 5:32pm by TrillWill »  

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Reply #30 - 06/21/20 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully this frames the discussion going forward.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #31 - 06/21/20 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
NC Kingsting wrote on 06/21/20 at 10:36pm:
Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully this frames the discussion going forward.

My money is on Robert C making some random comment on some random post sometime within the next 30 days about not being in the in crowd who are not giving updates in Dixie.

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #32 - 06/23/20 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Only took him 5 hours.

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

Rolling Bear

Reply #33 - 07/02/20 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Was riding by the BYT this morning on the greenway and thought I saw a physical OPEN/CLOSED sign (today's case was showing as OPEN) at the entrance to one of the more frequented entrances.  If this is a new utility- THANK YOU to those who implemented this.  Great solution which should keep folks off the trail when it is too wet/ and lower the erosion / wear factor.  Again- thank you.

IP Logged

Rolling Bear

Reply #34 - 07/21/20 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Conditions in the BYT general vicinity are WET!  I live nearby and we got some rain in the past day.... Thanks for keeping it closed.  Was riding by the trail (not on it!) on the Greenway today and few muddy poachers were rolling around....

THANK YOU to Santana, Jack, David (Dave/ Harry guy), Wears My Bike, WorkerRider, and all the dedicated trail Leaders for this area (I'm missing someone here.)

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #35 - 07/22/20 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
If the storm and high winds that hit us in the Dilworth area yesterday evening rolled through BYT too then I'm guessing it's going to be a while before it reopens as there are bound to be trees down and debris all over the place.

IP Logged

tibs

Reply #36 - 07/23/20 at 12:14am
Print Post  
My mom rides Dixie like once a week

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #37 - 07/23/20 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Out of interest, which status does Marion Diehl folllow?  Often PRP is open when BYT is closed but no mention of MD. Just wondering if linking PRP  and MD  is an option while BYT is closed. Is MD even maintenained anymore? Haven't been down it since the BYT parking lot opened.

IP Logged

Coaster Bike

Reply #38 - 07/23/20 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
I don’t know. But, based on personal experience I believe it should follow BYT status. A few weeks ago when BYT was closed and PRP was open, I went on MD. I rode the dry parts and walked and cleared limbs on the wet parts, which were a lot. 

Will be a moot point soon as the city already has flagging going on to rework the creeks/drainage. I image MD will be closed and significantly altered then.

Have a GREAT day!!!

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #39 - 07/23/20 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Technically the MD side is not a THTB trail but been using it for over 30 years. From what I was told the greenway will be coming off keystone court all the way around to connect to the real greenway at some point. I also remember that queens was going to put in another practice field at some point and time. That trail has been on borrowed time for many many years.

IP Logged

Slothzilla
Small Cog

Reply #40 - 07/23/20 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Ride MD while you can!! Still some good stuff over there and tons of good memories.

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #41 - 07/23/20 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
I haven’t put tires on that property in many many years. After they took out the first switchback I ever built with the new tennis courts. I guess I need to go before it’s gone. I will also tell you that when we had our first walkthrough with CMUD they told us about plans to redevelop the creek behind Wensley. Lots of exposed pipes and manholes and other systems. They didn’t have a timeframe on that one.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #42 - 08/07/20 at 3:29am
Print Post  
All weather trail / no closure since technically not TTB controlled. Great to have the option.  For probably less than 3 miles, it's an ass kicker.  Well worth putting into the rotation as part of a BYT ride.

« Last Edit: 08/07/20 at 12:28pm by Robert C. »  

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #43 - 08/07/20 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Robert that’s not to say that you should. When are you going to take me up on my offer?

IP Logged

Rolling Bear

Reply #44 - 08/07/20 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Based on the heavy rain that just pulled through here, I'm guessing BYT is closed now...

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #45 - 08/10/20 at 2:49am
Print Post  
The best way to check trail status is to simply go to the trail, put wheels on dirt, and bail if it's sloppy, as status on the home page is not always accurate.  BYT was listed open the other day,yet had hub-deep mud in spots.   

The club actually has no control over the public trails, except Sherman.  Riding Lake Norman State Park while closed though is a big ticket.

The majority of people riding trails never check this site.
« Last Edit: 08/10/20 at 11:35am by Robert C. »  

IP Logged

Rolling Bear

Reply #46 - 08/27/20 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Agree w/ Robert C. - the "Skinnies Loop" is pretty muddy today (8/27)...I bailed after a doing about 20% of it....not a precise practice, as I am sure other parts of BYT are bone dry.

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #47 - 08/28/20 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Robert C. wrote on 08/10/20 at 2:49am:
The best way to check trail status is to simply go to the trail, put wheels on dirt, and bail if it's sloppy, as status on the home page is not always accurate.  BYT was listed open the other day,yet had hub-deep mud in spots.  

The club actually has no control over the public trails, except Sherman.  Riding Lake Norman State Park while closed though is a big ticket.

The majority of people riding trails never check this site.

Actually we put gates up at Fisher and Cedar Valley now. Smiley

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #48 - 08/29/20 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
The Cycle Path wrote on 08/28/20 at 1:34pm:

Actually we put gates up at Fisher and Cedar Valley now. Smiley

Ya know, I might have to applaud that.  Who is gonna pick up the torch when you leave?

I've not seen a gate across BYT ever since Worker Rider went to work on D. River full time

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #49 - 09/02/20 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Sorry Robert I quit working at Dixie a long time ago. When Josh got kinda run off I walked away also along with some others. I am working on something else now. By the way when are you going to take me up on my offer?

IP Logged

Rolling Bear

Reply #50 - 09/09/20 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
BYT and surrounding trails just got a nice soaking..... Sad

IP Logged

Rolling Bear

Reply #51 - 12/14/20 at 4:27pm