Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic spencer mountain (Read 1766 times)
jack
Coaster Bike

29ers4evr

spencer mountain
07/09/20 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know (or are you sworn to secrecy) if there are truly trails up on Spencer Mountain--if so will you take me and then you can kill me and hide the evidence! i think it is the most underutilized place around and i was told by someone that the cops up there said as long as you don't litter they wouldn't say nutin!!

Lets try and get permission up there, instead of asking forgiveness-right?

Jack-your founder and loyal lumberjack!!

we will ride 29ers in heaven that's how good they are!!

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Re: spencer mountain
Reply #1 - 07/10/20 at 2:51am
Print Post  
I was told by a certain person that if you get caught or ride on Spencer mountain it would jeopardize what they are trying to do. Said person is working on getting it legal but the powers that own it are somewhat reluctant. I will make a call and check into it.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #2 - 07/21/20 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Don’t ride...but if anyone has friends at WBTV...their parent company is the owner.

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #3 - 07/23/20 at 4:03am
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 07/10/20 at 2:51am:
I was told by a certain person that if you get caught or ride at Dixie River Trail it would jeopardize what we are trying to do, and our established weekly rides there.   Said person is working on getting it legal but the powers that own it are somewhat reluctant. I won't make a call and check into it.

Fixed it for you

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #4 - 07/23/20 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Hey Robert I have a walkthrough coming up with parks and rec would you like to come out and lend a hand before our walkthrough? I could use the help. I thought you were supposed to go out and help Jack but he said you along with some others were a no show. What we will be doing is very very easy work. Hope to get you out to help you need to see some behind the curtain stuff. Ball is in your court you find the time and I will show up. I don’t think I will hear back from you but time will tell? By the way I did make the call and was filled in on what might happen to Spencer mountain and hopefully it will happen. Poston will have some very nice additions added to an already great trail system.
« Last Edit: 07/23/20 at 4:33pm by worker-rider »  

IP Logged

Mike Overlay

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #5 - 07/23/20 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
worker-rider wrote on 07/23/20 at 4:27pm:
Hey Robert I have a walkthrough coming up with parks and rec would you like to come out and lend a hand before our walkthrough? I could use the help. I thought you were supposed to go out and help Jack but he said you along with some others were a no show. What we will be doing is very very easy work. Hope to get you out to help you need to see some behind the curtain stuff. Ball is in your court you find the time and I will show up. I don’t think I will hear back from you but time will tell? By the way I did make the call and was filled in on what might happen to Spencer mountain and hopefully it will happen. Poston will have some very nice additions added to an already great trail system.

Im close by to Poston. Would be glad to lend a hand. Send me some info if the offer is extended

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #6 - 07/23/20 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I’m sorry about not mentioning where the property is. It’s close to BYT and a nice piece of property. Some of us have been working on getting this property starting a little before 8/24/15 when the greenway first started. The Poston guys are doing just fine and well on their way.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print