Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic To the guys who worked on Beatty yesterday (Read 2194 times)
MTB4U
Coaster Bike

AKA: MTBSurfer

To the guys who worked on Beatty yesterday
07/12/20 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
I would like to say thank you to the guys who worked on the trail at Col Beatty. Yesterday, I heard machines in behind my backyard and walked out onto the trail to see what was going on; I found 5 guys with tools and a couple of machines clearing out some bad spots on the beginner trail.  

Thanks so much guys!  I was getting tired of sitting on my back porch in the morning and listening to young families in distress over a spot that was too gnarly for the "beginner" loop.  Those several rough spots were no problem for experienced bikers, but they were causing a lot of distress with beginners.  I often heard crashes and children crying, so I am grateful for your work and I'm sure you prevented a bunch of skinned knees or worse.
« Last Edit: 07/12/20 at 6:54pm by MTB4U »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

GVG
Coaster Bike

Mud... Natures sunblock.

Re: To the guys who worked on Beatty yesterday
Reply #1 - 07/14/20 at 2:21am
Print Post  
What part of the green loop was this?.  I rode there around 10am and did not see any work.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

DAH

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 07/14/20 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
We had an off the record work day to address the three washed out drops after the gravel section on the green path.(3 Amigos jump section) Our intention is to get all the Green trail repaired and safe for the new influx of families and kids using the trails. We will be posting up work days in the future so stay tuned.
BTW we did make some fun lips in there for the advanced riders.

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

AKA: MTBSurfer

Reply #3 - 07/14/20 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
DAH wrote on 07/14/20 at 8:04pm:
We had an off the record work day to address the three washed out drops after the gravel section on the green path.(3 Amigos jump section) Our intention is to get all the Green trail repaired and safe for the new influx of families and kids using the trails. We will be posting up work days in the future so stay tuned.
BTW we did make some fun lips in there for the advanced riders.

Yes, better in every way.  Located just before the turn off onto the black diamond loop.  Still a fun lip to hop off of for MTB riders, but a safe way around for little ones on little bikes.  It's been a few days now and I have not heard any distressed little voices or anxious daddy voices, when I used to hear them many times a day before.  Good work guys, thanks much!
« Last Edit: 07/14/20 at 8:33pm by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

29ftw
Small Cog

Reply #4 - 08/02/20 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Great job on the recent work on the three amigos!!  Glad to see the last cedar box jump I put in 10ish years ago got refreshed!  Also, major thanks to whoever did the work on the long blue - first two climbs are so much better with the root work.  Also the new cannon jump below the damn is great

IP Logged

DAH

Reply #5 - 08/12/20 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Apparently someone decided they would take over trail maintenance and removed all the new little kickers on the 3 amigos we installed a couple of weeks ago. We took a lot of time making the 3 amigos green/safe for the novist and also put in some fun stuff off on the edges for the more advanced riders. It is very frustrating to see work removed.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #6 - 08/13/20 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that sucks.

IP Logged

SurlyDave
Small Cog

Reply #7 - 08/13/20 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
The strollers were probably getting stuck on the lips.

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Reply #8 - 08/17/20 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
DAH wrote on 08/12/20 at 11:53pm:
Apparently someone decided they would take over trail maintenance and removed all the new little kickers on the 3 amigos we installed a couple of weeks ago. We took a lot of time making the 3 amigos green/safe for the novist and also put in some fun stuff off on the edges for the more advanced riders. It is very frustrating to see work removed.

I rode there Saturday morning and was disappointed to see the 3 amigos had been removed. It ridiculous as there was ample room for beginners to bypass them on the side. The kickers weren't even on the center line of the trail.

I do like the two mini canons that were installed. Hopefully they'll survive.
« Last Edit: 08/17/20 at 8:25pm by NC_Pyga »  

IP Logged

Rolling Bear

Reply #9 - 08/18/20 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
I guess Kickers must be Karen-friendly! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print