Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic North Meck Stream Restoration Update: CLOSED AUG 1 (Read 1321 times)
marching
Coaster Bike

North Meck Stream Restoration Update: CLOSED AUG 1
07/27/20 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
NMP TRAIL CLOSURE: AUGUST 1
If nothing changes, the NMP stream restoration project is going to begin at the end of this week. This will start with closing the trail for an extended period of time(months)- the closure will impact the entire trail for ALL use. No bikes, hikes, runs, walks, etc...on any part of the trail.

It's not the role of the club to "enforce" this closure of the trail, but we are asking the MTB community to not ride NMP during this time. The closure will be managed by the construction company, and the Town of Huntersville Parks & Recreation. We are supporting their efforts by updating our MTB community, and posting the trail as CLOSED. We have been able to create a great relationship with the local authorities over the past few months of planning. We have their support to re-connect the trail, build bridges, add signage and get it back in shape as a part of this project. In the long run, we will have a better trail once this is done.

So.....please be respectful of the process and I'll continue to update everyone as I get more details. I will keep the trail OPEN as long as possible.

More frequent updates can be found on the NMP trail page:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

strizzout

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: North Meck Stream Restoration Update: CLOSED AUG 1
Reply #1 - 07/27/20 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the update - looking forward to helping you rebuild once it's ready!

IP Logged

marching
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 08/01/20 at 2:33am
Print Post  
KEEP RIDING!  Looks like we will have additional time before the official start of the stream restoration after all.  Starting to feel a little like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football...   

Apologies for the emotional roller coaster, the trail may close due to rain, but the long term closure will not begin August 1.

IP Logged

Wears my bike
IB Room
In The Loop

Reply #3 - 08/01/20 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
It was three years of that at Renni...just trying to keep up with the updates and changes drove Greg and I to insanity.

I'm glad that this is an environment where you feel free to fail.

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #4 - 08/01/20 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
It's a State project prolly has NCDOT involved somehow so it will be over deadline, over budget and under done.

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print