Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Trail work at MIPT (Read 1175 times)
BJE
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Trail work at MIPT
08/03/20 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Mountain Island Park Trail
8-8-20
8:45 to 1:00 (maybe longer)

We will be working on getting the next section of the new River Trail ready for riding.   

We will be leaving the main gate at around 8:45 so if you don't see anyone at the main gate, please plan on meeting just after the third bridge on the CTT.   

I will have tools with me but if you wish to bring your own please do so.   

Please bring gloves (and any other PPE), lots of water and bug spray is recommended. 

We will be working on about a 1/2 mile of trail so there will be plenty of room to socially distance from each other.   

As always thanks for any assistance you can lend. Smiley

IP Logged

BJE
Coaster Bike

Re: Trail work at MIPT
Reply #1 - 08/10/20 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Big thank you  Smiley to Ian, Eric, Alexander, Harrison, Stuart and Robert for braving the heat and coming out and putting in several hours of work.  We got a lot done (see @MIPTMTB) for some pictures.   

I will posting up another workday soon so please check back. 

Thanks again for your help. Cheesy

IP Logged

BJE
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 08/19/20 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
MIPT WORKDAY SCHEDULED

Who’s ready to help build some more trail?  I will be out this weekend finishing the 4th bridge (of 8 on the new River trail) and hopefully starting on the 5th. We will also be doing finishing bench work if we have enough volunteers. If we are lucky we will finish the next section of trail so it can be ridden.

This Saturday (8/22) 9:00 to 2:00 (maybe a little longer). I will be at the gate at 845 to open the CTT gate. If you come late we will be working just before bridge #4 on the CTT (about 3/4 mile from the CTT gate).

I will have tools (power drills are always welcomed) but if you prefer your own please feel free to bring them with you.

So bring water, a snack, gloves,  your mask and your willingness to help this Saturday at MIPT.

As always thanks for any and all assistance. Smiley

IP Logged

BJE
Coaster Bike

Reply #3 - 08/26/20 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
We are going at it again this weekend.

Hope to see you out on Saturday the 29th at MIPT.   

We will be beginning 9:00 but I will be at the gate around 8:45 am.  If you miss me or come late you can ride your bike down to the work site (about 3/4 miles, between CTT bridge #4 and bridge #5).   

I will have tools so you just need water, snack, gloves and I would recommend bug spray.  We should be socially distanced but if you want to bring your mask please do so.

Hope to see you out there.  Remember the more hands helping the quicker the new section gets opened. Wink

IP Logged

BJE
Coaster Bike

Reply #4 - 08/29/20 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Moving Saturday's workday to Sunday because of the rain.  Sorry hope to see you tomorrow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print