Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Lenz Behemoth 29+ bike (Read 343 times)
Dad2TnR
Little Ring

Lenz Behemoth 29+ bike
09/04/20 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
I'll call this a "catch and release" sale.

I've wanted a Lenz 29+ bike for several years and jumped at the chance to own one when I saw one posted on FB a few weeks ago. The bike is awesome and was previously owned by Mike Curiak, who is well known for top-notch wheel building.

Unfortunately, this bike is not the size I was told it is (by the more recent owner, not Mike C.). I was told it's a medium, but there's no way it is. Since it's a boutique brand, there are no stickers or "standard" sizing, and geometry has changed over the last year on Lenz's website. This is a small frame with a 22" effective top tube.

At this point, I'm looking to recoup my money and would love to pass this on locally to someone who wants one of the best FS bikes made (and whom is smaller than me). Spec's below.

Frame: Lenz Behemoth 29+ frame with Super boost 157mm rear spacing and 120mm rear shock
Fork: Manitou Machete Pro (I'm told, no stickers) 130mm travel, plus model with loads of clearance
Wheels: Nextie Carbon laced to DT350 hubs with 54T rachet upgrade --> Handbuilt by Mike Curiak (look him up)
Tires: Bontrager XR4 (29x2.6) front; Bontrager XR2 (29x2.6) rear, tubeless
Crankset: Sram XO Carbon
Drivetrain: SRAM GX 1x11 shifter, derailleur, and cassette
Dropper: Rock Shox Reverb (I have no idea of travel, but works good)
Cockpit: Syntace Megaforce 50mm stem and Carbon bar (720mm x 12* sweep)
Brakes: Magura MT8 hydros (front needs to be bled)

Seriously, the bike is awesome. I just won't ever be able to make it fit. 

Asking price is $2400, which is exactly what I paid for it. New Lenz frames go for $2400 alone and the wheelset would be well over $1000. Great deal if you're looking for a 130mm front/120mm rear travel bike that can do it all.

Let me know!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print