Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Anne Springs direction intel (Read 1213 times)
SurlyDave
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Anne Springs direction intel
09/22/20 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
I was going ask the trail attendant for current trail direction intel last week but the booth is still unmanned due to COVID.  Can someone clarify if it is actually established which direction is designated?  I checked their website but I couldn't find the answer.  I've been riding Paradise CW and Prarie CCW which I believe is still accurate.   But what about Tunnel and Mill Pond are these still bi-directional?  Parking at the Athletic Center lot I typically stay to the right when faced with an option on both the out and the back on both Tunnel and Mill Pond.  If they are bi directional what is the common practice?  I'm looking to work this place into my weekly rotation and want to get with it.

IP Logged

SurlyDave
Small Cog

Re: Anne Springs direction intel
Reply #1 - 09/22/20 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Also-I'm targeting a 4:00 start today so let me know if anyone wants to meet for a swift 1 hour or so ride.

IP Logged

Vasco
Global Moderator
In The Loop
Project Board

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - 09/22/20 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
They did change the direction. I know the signage is poor at best out there but it was changed to reflect the direction change also. Paradise clockwise and prairie counterclockwise. It's still a figure 8.
Doug S.

Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control it's the way I wired.

IP Logged

SurlyDave
Small Cog

Reply #3 - 09/22/20 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Thanks Doug so at least I had the loops correct.  Anything established with Tunnel and Mill Pond connectors direction? Or even "what most regulars do"?
It looked like the "upper" option of what I consider Tunnel isn't even on their map. I want to hit all the trail that's there so I typically stay right on Tunnel option and Mill Pond option on way out to Prairie and stay right on the other Mill Pond and Tunnel on the way back to Paradise.

It is still a very cool piece of woods that we are lucky to have access to- I just wish they do away with the 2 way traffic.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #4 - 09/22/20 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Just ride.  Follow the signs where they are obvious and be ready to encounter 2 way traffic in places.  No harm \ no foul.

IP Logged

sager
Big Ring

Waiting for my next ride!

Reply #5 - 09/30/20 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Those sections are still 2 way and folks ride them in both directions.  Ride them how you like.

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #6 - 09/30/20 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
SurlyDave wrote on 09/22/20 at 8:55pm:
Thanks Doug so at least I had the loops correct.  Anything established with Tunnel and Mill Pond connectors direction? Or even "what most regulars do"?
It looked like the "upper" option of what I consider Tunnel isn't even on their map. I want to hit all the trail that's there so I typically stay right on Tunnel option and Mill Pond option on way out to Prairie and stay right on the other Mill Pond and Tunnel on the way back to Paradise.

It is still a very cool piece of woods that we are lucky to have access to- I just wish they do away with the 2 way traffic.

Anything that isn't Paradise or Prairie is two way traffic.

That includes all of Tunnel and Mill Pond.

I usually switch it up. But the uphill option on Mill Pond going away from Tunnel is uphill and your heading into traffic with a few blind spots. It's usually the newbies bombing down this section you need to keep an eye peeled for.
And watch out for that 45 degree root on the downhill section of Mill Pond just short of the bridge/hard right turn..   Smiley 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print