Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Mazeppa straight lining (Read 1194 times)
EPK
Small Cog

Mazeppa straight lining
01/10/21 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
I'm out of action for months after shoulder surgery so I'm browsing more than usual. 

I meant to post this month's ago.  What's up with folks straight lining the turns at Mazeppa?  Are these new riders ?  It isn't terribly hard to actually make these swoop y turns and it makes the trail fun .   

I'm not flaming anyone.  I truly can't understand why someone would do this.   

I hope the trails eventually dry and everyone gets a chance to ride .

IP Logged

bdotson
Coaster Bike

Re: Mazeppa straight lining
Reply #1 - 01/10/21 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
I’ll be glad to flame whoever is doing it! i see that all around town where some clown wants to get .37 ms faster on his idiotic Strava time so he or she keeps cutting the corners. Ridiculous. Im not a builder or a gnome but I can imagine how frustrating that must feel having spent the time and effort laying out  a trail to have these types come in and dumb ‘em down.

THANKS TO ALL YOU TTB BUILDERS AND GNOMES! YOUR HARD WORK IS APPRECIATED! On behalf of the vast majority of us who benefit from your creativity and labor, apologies for the rude straighteners among us!
« Last Edit: 01/10/21 at 8:55pm by bdotson »  

2020 Kona Mahuna Singlespeed (Yes, I am a dinosaur. Affirmative)

IP Logged

EPK
Small Cog

Reply #2 - 01/11/21 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Wow.  I feel foolish.  I never would have thought of that.  That sucks.  We have so many new riders and kids that I thought it was new riders that were less confident but that didn't make sense as they aren't technical turns.   

The desire for more "Likes" will become the demise of our society.  That whole idea is rather depressing frankly.  If you want to compete with others on Strava that's your right but basically you're cheating in order to do so.  And, it's simply stupid.  Who gives a flip?  If you have to straight line the trail to do it, you stink.  Plain and simple.  Enter a race where it's harder to cheat.

I did see that someone had blocked some of them but not all of them.   

I'll echo your thoughts on the trail builders.  Thank you so much for all that you do.  I started riding in 1990  and there weren't many options.  I started on the same trails that I rode my dirt bike as there weren't MTB specific trails.  Thanks to all the hard work we have so many options around us.

IP Logged

msedly
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 01/11/21 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Seems to be happening more lately, but there have also been more riders on the trails as well.  Strava, laziness, stupidity, who knows what the actual issue is.  Block them off and people will move them again which makes me think it may not be the Strava folks (although I'm sure some of it is).

I tend to see it more when people try to bypass something "technical".  I put that in quotations because I really don't think anything around Charlotte is super-techy.  I enjoyed that stuff when I first started riding because it made me feel like I was getting better.  Some sections were a right of passage in a way.  It's annoying to see so much getting skipped for better times or lack of skill...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print