Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Looking for Help With a Trail Project (Read 1442 times)
TheAdverb

Looking for Help With a Trail Project
01/16/21 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
It's in the NoDa area. Looking for anyone who lives close who has interest in building/designing new trail.

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Re: Looking for Help With a Trail Project
Reply #1 - 01/16/21 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Where is there space in NODA for a mountain bike trail?

ciao
Santana

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #2 - 01/18/21 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I'm hoping …. Cordelia Park? Tried years ago to get the Park Super to allow one for the local kids. Really good topography for a modest down hill flow/ jump line. Could be integrated into a perimeter loop. Have a trips for Kids neighborhood adjacent to the park and the Recyclery is only a few blocks away.

Let me know if that's part of the plan - would like to assist.

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #3 - 01/19/21 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Advocat wrote on 01/18/21 at 12:06pm:
I'm hoping …. Cordelia Park? Tried years ago to get the Park Super to allow one for the local kids. Really good topography for a modest down hill flow/ jump line. Could be integrated into a perimeter loop. Have a trips for Kids neighborhood adjacent to the park and the Recyclery is only a few blocks away.

Let me know if that's part of the plan - would like to assist.

Hey Jim!  So last year as a part of my day job with CDOT I worked for a few months to get parks and rec on board with a "Pop up Bike Park" at Cordelia park during Open Streets 704 (for the Spring 2020 program).  It took quite a few meetings and we even did a demo day to show parks and rec staff how it would functions.  It was to be low impact (basically ride the terrain as it exists) with only CX style step in stakes and course tape to mark the lines.  It was to be a partnership between Bike Charlotte, Open Streets, Parks and Rec, Trips for Kids, and THTB.   

Sadly we all know what happened to any events in 2020 and the Pop up never happened...  I still have the plans ready to go so it will definitely happen when ever Open Streets can happen again.  Here is a video of the "beginner line" using the greenway and park sidewalk to loop back up to the top.  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I apologize for the the thread jacking...

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

Bikin Dad
Coaster Bike

A Dad, A Dreamer & Rider
of 2 wheelin' fun!

Reply #4 - 01/25/21 at 10:31am
Print Post  
I "concur" with TrillWill's findings, pre-Covid was set to be epic year for many. Let's keep it in the loop and all be ready to jump in when plans look more positive for the momentum once gained.

A working Dad for 3, plus new bike stuff, founder of Bikin' Dads Adventures & ready to ride!
IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #5 - 01/29/21 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Good video Will and really interesting idea for pop-up trail! 

Ya'll can see that that incline where the kids started (with slope going downhill from right to left side of screen) would make for a great back and forth downhill flow/ jump line. I forget exactly but believe you could get up to 5-7 switchback turns with as much as 150 lateral feet or more between many of the turns. I bet we could get funding for a professional built downhill line in that location in a heartbeat (though there may be some members we know with such build skillz too).

Still interested in where original poster's project is located ….

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print