Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Tax refund for buying an ebike (Read 1650 times)
808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Tax refund for buying an ebike
02/12/21 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Hmmmmm...maybe they open up the Pisgah next

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Re: Tax refund for buying an ebike
Reply #1 - 02/12/21 at 11:36pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #2 - 02/13/21 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Ha ha nice pick of what is necessary to reduce global warming! Bushy, I knew you would chip in with the first negative post! Paging Robt C.! See you out there when the rain stops!!

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 02/13/21 at 10:31am
Print Post  
808golden wrote on 02/13/21 at 9:11am:
Ha ha nice pick of what is necessary to reduce global warming! Bushy, I knew you would chip in with the first negative post!

It's not necessarily negative..
Depending upon your particular slant.

Just a little prophecy.
Hey, while they're keeping you safe, maybe they'll give you a free apartment a little closer to work too.

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #4 - 02/17/21 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Maybe an apt. a little closer to the trails? I won’t need a job after all, right? Obviously I’m not looking for a handout, being the early adopter that I am LOL.

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #5 - 02/17/21 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
I'm cool with it..
However, I would prefer they spend the money to encourage and support more business, infrastructure and activities here at home. 

Instead of more manufacturing in foreign countries.
They can't seem to figure that out on their own.

IP Logged

Bonsai Nut
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #6 - 03/13/21 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Just remember...

e-bikes are not covered under your home owner's insurance (unlike bicycles).  If you ride an e-bike, from the perspective of the insurance industry, it's like you're riding an uninsured motorcycle.  Hope you don't get into or cause an accident... because you're flying with your ass in the wind.

LOL on Thursday I rode Monbo trail in LKN SP, and a couple of miles in I stepped to the side of the trail to let a healthy 40 year-old pass me on his e-bike.  I could hear him coming from a couple hundred yards to the rear.  Hint: if you can pass me on an e-bike, you don't need an e-bike.  Later in the same ride, I passed a dad and his two young girls riding the same trail.  Awesome!  Funny how a 40 year-old needed an e-bike to ride the easiest trail in LKN SP... the same trail two elementary school girls were riding with their Walmart specials!

And I'm just going to say (as a prior California resident)... Carmel?  Really?  Multi-millionaires leading the charge for tax credits for e-bikes?  I'm sure Carmel has TONS of problems with traffic... NOT!  Most of the residents travel via chauffeurs, and couldn't spell "e-bike" if you told them "it ends with 'bike' and rhymes with 'be-ike'".
« Last Edit: 03/13/21 at 8:41pm by Bonsai Nut »  

“...there does seem to be a correlation between how hard people work for something and how much respect they have for it.” - Kioti
IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #7 - 03/14/21 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Just remember, you don’t live in CA anymore. Those insurance worries sound hokie to me.
Live with it mate. 
They are a sweet addition to what you can do on two wheels. Try not judging people. If you are billy big lung, awesome. Go hammer. If you like to ride moto, go for it. If you want to ride E, go for it. 
Stop whining and pumping yourself up because you don’t think the 40 yr old isn’t “ disabled“ enough for you to approve. They are a blast, remember, like when you weren’t so bent about being passed? But don’t sweat it. I’m a a 30 yr Mtn biker and I’m polite   So I’ll be cool if you don’t care to be passed. I’ll be courteous. Now if you could REALLY hammer I wouldn’t be passing you at all. A few of the stronger riders in my crew can really stay ahead over the course of a long ride. It’s called “pedal assist”. 
Stay cranking on your bike man, more power to you. But stop hating on the next addition to the single track scene.

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #8 - 03/14/21 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Roll Eyes

Hey Golden. Here's the truth.
Most people don't give a muck about your e-bike or your crusade to fight e-bike discrimination/disinterest. 
Most riders simply don't want one for various reasons. 
If you need it, by all means ride it.

That's not indicative of bias, it's just indicative of freedom of choice.
The same freedom of choice that allows property owners and land managers to allow them, or not.

So, what's next for you? Lobbying for a Constitutional amendment to ram them down everybody else's throat?

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #9 - 03/15/21 at 11:01am
Print Post  
808golden wrote on 02/13/21 at 9:11am:
Ha ha nice pick of what is necessary to reduce global warming! Bushy, I knew you would chip in with the first negative post! Paging Robt C.! See you out there when the rain stops!!

I've got no bid on this thread, other than to say I'll hold off on buying an e Bike until inability to ride a regular bike makes it necessary - or I ride Kanuga.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print