Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Moving Sale: Sears Vintage Cruiser with light (Read 746 times)
Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Moving Sale: Sears Vintage Cruiser with light
02/17/21 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Circa early to mid-60s. Pretty good shape. I rode it when purchased 5-10 years ago. Can clean up and ride now or restore it. Probably needs tubes but rubber seems good. JA told me I overpaid back then; looking for $225.

½ of a large Pivot 429 frame - Rear triangle is busted. Has original Fox Float rear shock and Fox front (last serviced by PUSH). Deore XT rear derailier, brakes  and cranks; mismatched rear Stans Flow rim and Maxis SLR "fancy" front rim (I have the matching but busted rear SLR rim/ hub too); not sure if maxis advents have much life left but look OK. WTB saddle with sway back post; Ritchie WCS long stem and short bar; Cane Creek headset. Was my everyday rider until busted the triangle about 5 or so years ago. Make offer for all or just parts.

Small GT Aggressor 1.0 hardtail. Barely used (but was used on movie set and slightly “roughed up” to look used) Has SR Suntour XCT front shock and Acera derailier. Needs tube in front wheel. Be a good entry bike for a youngster. Make offer.

Wheels:
1.      Original equipment 27.5 blue Ibis 738 6000 series wheelset – pretty wide – “35mm bead gap” Nice shape. Make a reasonable offer. Come with cassette and Shimano 180 discs
2.      “vintage” 26”yellow Bontrager Race pull break wheelset with near perferct Kenda Klaw 2.1 tires. Pretty good shape for their age. Make offer.
3.      DT Swiss 240s 29” wheelset – 2 busted spokes on rear – come with 9 speed Shimano cassette and 160 rotors. Not wide rims.
4.      26” Mavic  MAX “cross”(?) Enduro wheelset with 9 speed Shimano cassette and 160 rotors. 

Yakima Roof rack system with cross bars (fit a large Acura sedan), 2 fork mount trays and one “grabber” tray and wind deflector. Bars and fork trays have keyed locks. Make an offer.

Barely used Cycle ops trainer and front wheel support (Thanks Tom!). Cheep.

Box of bits and pieces,,, including old/ “vintage” XTR “Mega Drive Train” shifter  and pull brakeset;  Avid BBDB brakes, new in box Crank Bros Acid 3 pedals, seat posts, etc.

No reasonable offer rejected - anything remaining after a week goes to the Recyclery or trash. Can send pics via e-mail. Message me or email direct: groverjamesp   @gmail.com

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Re: Moving Sale: Sears Vintage Cruiser with light
Reply #1 - 02/17/21 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
PM sent on trainer

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #2 - 02/18/21 at 11:07am
Print Post  
The DT Swiss, and Mavic 26" wheels are sold. Also the Cycle ops trainer and the XTR “Mega Drive Train” shifter  and pull brakeset are sold.

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #3 - 02/19/21 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
The Pivot (and parts) and the Aggressor are sold. 

Cycle Ops trainer still available. First $50 gets it. 

Also, found an old Yakima 2" hitch bike rack/carrier - the kind with 2 bars coming straight out. Designed for 4 bikes (that's really crowded), could use some more rubber strap tie downs but have 4 on there now - enough for 2 bikes. This baby will wobble a bit unless you use some shims in the hitch. Asking $50.

Love to place the old 26”yellow Bontrager Race pull break wheelset with near perfect Kenda Klaw 2.1 tires with one of the Vintage collector/ builders here.

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Reply #4 - 02/21/21 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Bontrager wheelset sold.

Anything remaining goes to recyclery Monday.

Thanks all.
« Last Edit: 02/21/21 at 11:08am by Advocat »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print