Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Kerr scott (Read 1256 times)
criticalmass
Big Ring

Squirrels, the new TTF

Kerr scott
04/04/21 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
My son and I are planning to ride dark mountain/ ovt / warrior creek while camping at bandits roost soon. 

It’s been a while since I was there. What recommended routes and direction of travel? Ideally we ride from the campground but not a dealbreaker. He’s solid at Sherman and fit. So we can put in some miles. 

Thanks in advance.

-... .. -.-. -.-- -.-. .-.. .

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Re: Kerr scott
Reply #1 - 04/05/21 at 9:36am
Print Post  
This website should provide some guidance on recommended trail direction out there:  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

criticalmass
Big Ring

Squirrels, the new TTF

Reply #2 - 04/07/21 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Thanks.  We didn't make warrior creek proper.  We did ride OVT one day out and and back from campground and then the next ride was OVT out and Horton's Hollar back.  Kid did great.  Nezt time we will go from 8 or so miles to the full Warrior creek trail.   

-... .. -.-. -.-- -.-. .-.. .

IP Logged

DeVinci
Coaster Bike

Old as time and still
riding

Reply #3 - 04/21/21 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
stayed at bandits roost over the weekend and rode all of OVT and its offshoot trails.
Guy at the camp said there's a major sinkhole in front of the warrior creek campground so the campground is closed, he wasn't sure about the trails being open and we didn't drive down there to check on it.
if you stay at bandits roost don't arrive too early - they won't let you in until your site is clear and checkout can be as late as 3pm.

Life is like riding a bicycle.  To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
A. Einstein 1879-1955

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print