Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Beatty berm question (Read 768 times)
bdotson
Coaster Bike

Beatty berm question
04/24/21 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Apologies if this is common knowledge and I’m just late to the party. Recently started riding at the Colonel (love the pump track and skinnies btw) but I’m curious about the first big intersection after crossing the road. If I take a left (is this the short track section?) I will be riding clockwise on this smaller loop and there is an apparently recently built berm I encounter with some tape nearby. My question is if I am riding this section the wrong direction (spotted other riders going that way as I was leaving though) - I ask b/c  the berm feels odd as I roll through like the placement and curvature aren’t  on the natural flow of the line. I ran it the other direction and it felt a bit better. And NO I’m not a newbie so no advice how to rail a berm please. Just curious if there’s changes coming to the line or if I am missing something (which is all too common for me in general but that’s another story!)

2020 Kona Mahuna Singlespeed (Yes, I am a dinosaur. Affirmative)

IP Logged

NC_Pyga
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Beatty berm question
Reply #1 - 04/24/21 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
I think you're referring to the berm with the drain pipe though it on the Brown Recluse loop. Yes you're going in the right direction if you're riding it CW. I agree, it does feel like there is something off with the berm, it's like the radius gets tighter or something.

I preferred the little wooden kicker that used to be there.

IP Logged

bdotson
Coaster Bike

Re: Beatty berm question
Reply #2 - 04/24/21 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Radius and entrance - exactly my thoughts. On the other hand I’m not complaining much as I’m not active in trail work so I appreciate those who do not.

2020 Kona Mahuna Singlespeed (Yes, I am a dinosaur. Affirmative)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print