Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Mazeppa balance beam features destroyed (Read 533 times)
DirtDigger

Mazeppa balance beam features destroyed
07/21/21 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys,

Anyone notice balance beam features about 10 minutes into the trail were recently destroyed? I think there were 2-3 of them.  Just wondering if they were vandalized or just taken down for safety reasons.  They seemed well constructed and generally safe to me.  I was considering going there with my tools and trying to rebuild them one day but wasn't sure if they were taken down on purpose. It's a bit of a bummer as my son and I enjoyed them while they lasted.  
« Last Edit: 07/21/21 at 4:19pm by DirtDigger »  

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Re: Mazeppa balance beam features destroyed
Reply #1 - 07/22/21 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Hey Dirt,

Those sweet site harvested Cedar skinny features were built in Spring/early summer of 2020 and then destroyed by a trail vandal in Novemeber(ish) of 2020.  Jamie, the TC rebuilt them with his son earlier this year.  Are they torn down again?!?

Everything was built bullet proof (not chainsaw proof though as someone sawed they up) and was approved by the town so no red tape here, only foul play by someone(s) who still remain nameless.  They were super fun and we put lots of man hours into designing, milling the logs, and constructing the section.

I know Jamie would love to have a new member of the trail crew out at Mazeppa, we have a good time!  PM me you phone number so I can get you connected.

-Will

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print