Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The THTB 25 Challenge (Read 740 times)
flyninjasquirrel

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

The THTB 25 Challenge
03/10/22 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Had an idea that I thought might be fun and wanted to gauge interest in it. My brother and I have the goal for 2022 of riding every trail system listed on the THTB website by the end of the year. There are currently 25 in total.

Thought this would be a fun challenge to extend to the group. Members who could complete all 25 trail systems in one year would be recognized for their achievement, similar to how the Carolina Mountain Club does their hiking challenges - (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links).

Members would prove their completion of the challenge by turning in screenshots of their Strava or other GPS tracks for each trail. Recognition would come in the form of acknowledgment on the website and/or at meetings, along with cool swag such as a hat embroidered with a custom THTB 25 logo.

Now I imagine there are those of you out there who don’t have 2 little kids like myself and will likely be able to complete this challenge in significantly less than 12 months. If that turns out to be the case we can certainly expand the challenge to start recognizing impressive time frames (9 months, 6 months, or even less).

If this were popular I could see us getting creative with new challenges and members could end up earning multiple challenge badges/hats along with some sweet bragging rights.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 03/10/22 at 9:48pm by flyninjasquirrel »  

IP Logged

Doc00t
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

When in DOUBT, PEDAL it
OUT

Re: The THTB 25 Challenge
Reply #1 - 03/14/22 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
The trick is to ride them all in one day! Use to be a thing but then they went and built too many trails unfortunately.

Scars are like Tattoos only with better Stories

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #2 - 03/14/22 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Long live the Rat Ride !
« Last Edit: 03/15/22 at 8:12am by Robert C. »  

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #3 - 03/15/22 at 9:10am
Print Post  
I love the idea!  You would likely need to set up some google forms for folks to officially sign up.  In that form maybe they would upload a picture of themselves and their bike at the trailhead of each trail for that trail to count in the challenge.

Come to the next THTB general membership meeting (June) to network with other THTBs that can help you get it off the ground once you've got the google forms built. 

-Will
« Last Edit: 03/15/22 at 9:11am by TrillWill »  

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print