Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic WWC - Tortuga Closure? Sewer project (Read 728 times)
Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

WWC - Tortuga Closure? Sewer project
04/11/22 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Understanding it's closed due to sewer line infrastructure work.  Anyone have details?

IP Logged

msedly
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: WWC - Tortuga Closure? Sewer project
Reply #1 - 04/11/22 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
I know they're doing some work near the bridge where thread trail crosses the underpass to Bandit.  Not sure what else is going on or what the time table is though.

IP Logged

Trail Junky
Small Cog

Re: WWC - Tortuga Closure? Sewer project
Reply #2 - 04/14/22 at 10:23am
Print Post  
For one with a fondness for the northern trails, it is possible to bypass the Tortuga closure by hopping off of Figure 8 at where it comes close to the field parking lot that I believe it is primarily reserved for employees and then riding the new Field Trip loop located under the power lines until this can drop you back off at where Tortuga and Academy intersect.  From here, you can continue on to the out portion of Thread.  One could also opt for Academy in place of Field Trip.  I just finished Figure 8 last Sunday since Tortuga was closed and then rode much of it again so that I could jump off into the field parking lot and make my way further north as described above.  In case you are wondering, Tortuga is closed on both sides of the gravel road that it crosses, so you can't jump back on from this as I had hoped.

Landfill Mining Co.
Managing the (Un)natural Resources of Tomorrow

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print