Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Pisgah Enduro pre-ride (Read 531 times)
team_ssr
Big Ring

Do hard things

Pisgah Enduro pre-ride
06/24/22 at 10:15am
Print Post  
The Pisgah Enduro route starts at Camp Grier and climbs Heartbreak for the start of the first stage.  What's a good alternative to getting to the top of Heartbreak?  I was considering parking at the Old Fort Picnic Area and just following the ORAMM route to the top or perhaps parking somewhere closer to Curtis Creek and riding from there to BRB.  Any other ideas??   

Event/course info here:  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Deo Volente
IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Re: Pisgah Enduro pre-ride
Reply #1 - 06/25/22 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Thats about it for getting to the top of Heartbreak. 
Looks like they start below the high point which is on Old Toll. That skips the steeper chunky section. Which is as of last week a bit less chunky from what I remember last year.

Either ride up Old Toll which I recommend from the picnic area or the other direction ride/push up Heartbreak via Star Gap off Mill Creek Road. 

Either way its not something you want to try and do multiple laps on due to the amount of mileage and effort needed to actually do the laps. But to each their own. I guess once you get to the start of the enduro you could just push ride back up after a mile or so and repeat the downhill.

This is a route that gets everything you will race. One of my favorite laps in the area.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Another long ride would be to park at the bottom of Jarret Creek and go up either Newberry (which is gonna be steep but shady) or ride up Curtis to the Parkway and be in the sun a ton until you get to mile marker 353 and hike left through the woods to the start of the enduro section. Or just keep going up the Parkway to where Old Toll connects and turn left. Maybe a mile or so and the Heartbreak trail is on the left. 

Santana

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Reply #2 - 06/25/22 at 11:57am
Print Post  
I also guess if one wanted, you could park at one of the overlooks on the Parkway near mile marker 353 and ride the enduro section. You would just have to get back to the top and coast down the parkway back to your car. 

Santana

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

team_ssr
Big Ring

Do hard things

Reply #3 - 06/27/22 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Santana!

I did the park at the Picnic Area and ride/hike Star Gap and Heartbreak version.  I got (maybe) 2/3 of the way up Heartbreak.  Gonna need more than 1 water bottle for this option.  I'll plan on a hydration pack if I do this again.  Also, I'd like to try the Old Mitchell Toll Rd route.

Deo Volente
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print