Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Beatty upgrades (Read 539 times)
TKfromNC

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Beatty upgrades
10/29/22 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
For a year or more there were signs everywhere about grant money and turning the trail into a bike park of sorts. There were donation links on the website here. The pump track was built before all that and the only upgrades I've seen are a wooden berm, a pair of wooden drops and a wooden ramp at the bottom of Chuck Norris.

What's up with that?

IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Re: Beatty upgrades
Reply #1 - 10/31/22 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Hey there.  I see you've only made 2 posts on the forum so looks like you may be new here to THTB land.

The grant from the NC RTP program and the community fundraising from the bike raffle allowed the construction of "The Colonel" Bike Park area at Beatty.  It is all in the original pump track area which was tripled in size by the addition of an expert jump line (and signature 8' tall banked wall ride), and an intermediate jump/pump line.  I can't add any pictures on these old antiquated forums so you'll have to go ride it for yourself  Wink .   

I'm surprised you haven't seen or heard about it if you ride Beatty or live in the area.  It's been all over social media for the past year and we did a big grand opening event when it was completed.

-Will

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

TKfromNC

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #2 - 10/31/22 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
I moved from the area but come back often and definitely have ridden the trails more than I post on forums for sure.. Was under the impression the trail itself was going to be upgraded. I'll check out what you built behind the pump track next time!
« Last Edit: 10/31/22 at 3:18pm by TKfromNC »  

IP Logged

49erRider1

Reply #3 - 11/03/22 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Just to be clear also, the pump track was a huge part of the grant as well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print