Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic HELP WANTED - Movie fundraiser - Pedal Driven (Read 530 times)
EAutry
Big Ring
In The Loop
Project Board

You know you'll feel better
if you ride today.....

HELP WANTED - Movie fundraiser - Pedal Driven
09/15/11 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
The club has a fundraising opportunity to show a very cool movie called Pedal Driven if we can find someone interested in leading and organizing this. I attached a link below to give you some insight on the movie. I've seen parts of it at a SORBA event, and what I saw was really nice, and not necessarily your run of the mill bike movie.

We have the opportunity to show this on a big screen for a very small fee if someone would be willing to help us find a venue to show, and get the word out and sell tickets to raise money for the club..i.e., if you're not into trail work here's a volunteer need with a twist. 

The folks that made the movie will come to our town and put on the show, we just have to have a place to show it. It could be a nice venue to invite all the area cycling groups, LBSs, land managers, but in general it's cool movie that I think anyone would like. 

I can't provide super specific details on what this task would involve, but here's some thoughts off the top of my head as examples. Could we rent the Neighborhood Theater if we have enough interest? Could we partner with the USNWC? Could we use someone's open field on a good weather day, buy a few kegs, rent a few porto jons, etc..etc..

Like most of the volunteer tasks the club needs help with, it's really what you make of it. 

Any creative folks willing to take on something a little different to help your club?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Edward Autry
President - Tarheel Trailblazers

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

One gear really is enough..but my knees have forced me to go 1x10.

IP Logged

team_ssr
Big Ring

Do hard things

Re: HELP WANTED - Movie fundraiser - Pedal Driven
Reply #1 - 09/19/11 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Watched the trailer.  Looks like a very well done movie.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Deo Volente
IP Logged

EAutry
Big Ring
In The Loop
Project Board

You know you'll feel better
if you ride today.....

Re: HELP WANTED - Movie fundraiser - Pedal Driven
Reply #2 - 09/19/11 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
I watched some of it at the Southern Mtn Bike Summitt in Brevard earlier this year, but it was shown during quite a festive time, so could only catch bits and pieces. It did look like a well done movie, and not necessarily your typical bike stuff IMHO.

One gear really is enough..but my knees have forced me to go 1x10.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print