Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Iphone GPS/Heart Rate apps (Read 1009 times)
DeadMeat

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Iphone GPS/Heart Rate apps
06/06/13 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
I am looking for a good iphone app for gps/heart rate, ride tracking etc.  Anyone have personal experience or advice on this?  There are a bunch out there.  Help is appreciated!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

It sucks to be harassed by assholes in cars while you’re on a bike. It also sucks to drive behind assholes on bikes.

IP Logged

sager
Big Ring

Waiting for my next ride!

Re: Iphone GPS/Heart Rate apps
Reply #1 - 06/07/13 at 9:49am
Print Post  
I think you need a heartrate strap and an adapter for your phone to do heartrate. Will run you a good $75-80. Strava would be my gps/ride tracking app of choice, but its not for everyone.
« Last Edit: 06/07/13 at 9:49am by sager »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

blazinb
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 06/07/13 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
I personally use a garmin 510 with a heart rate monitor and then upload all to strava, but have used Strava on my IPhone in the past and I know they advertise heart rate straps that will work with the app.

IP Logged

xchainer
Small Cog

Reply #3 - 06/11/13 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
You'll need this: 

Wahoo Blue Heart Rate Strap for iphones
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

bikermedic
Little Ring

Swim, Bike, Run 140.6

Reply #4 - 06/11/13 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
While the Iphone can work OK on a road bike to track your course, it does not do so well in the woods under the tree cover.  I would suggest a Garmin unit if you are serious about tracking you courses and your HR.....  The chipset in the Iphone is nowhere near as accurate as the garmins.   

Greg

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Reply #5 - 06/11/13 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
bikermedic wrote on 06/11/13 at 5:15pm:
While the Iphone can work OK on a road bike to track your course, it does not do so well in the woods under the tree cover.  I would suggest a Garmin unit if you are serious about tracking you courses and your HR.....  The chipset in the Iphone is nowhere near as accurate as the garmins.  

Greg

+1, bite the bullet and get a garmin.  Timex also makes one a little be cheaper.  Be sure to get a speed cadence sensor if you go that route as any gps will short you in the woods.

I wonder if there is a Bluetooth speed sensor to go with the Bluetooth heart rates.  That would make a phone accurate.

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

xchainer
Small Cog

Reply #6 - 06/11/13 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Yellowduck wrote on 06/11/13 at 5:31pm:

I wonder if there is a Bluetooth speed sensor to go with the Bluetooth heart rates.  That would make a phone accurate.

Wahla! or Wahoo! here's your bluetooth spd & cad sensor

Wahoo Blue SC Speed & Cadence Sensor
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print