Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) NORTH MECK condition? (Read 2018 times)
azcanc
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

NORTH MECK condition?
07/04/13 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
North Meck rideable today?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

BOOM, DONE!

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Re: NORTH MECK condition?
Reply #1 - 07/04/13 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
I would say NO! I live close and my rain gauge had 1 inch of rain this morning after the rain stopped. I emptied it last night around 7pm, so that rain was from this morning. The trail was real wet and muddy Monday evening when I went to anchor one of the bridges.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

azcanc
Small Cog

Reply #2 - 07/04/13 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Thanks, ended up just swimming. Walked a few feet of trail......and very wet /muddy.....then the rain just dumped again! Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 07/04/13 at 9:47pm by azcanc »  

BOOM, DONE!

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #3 - 07/06/13 at 1:23am
Print Post  
It rained 3 times at my house the fourth, 1 inch early morning, 1 inch during the day and 1 and a half inches in the evevning. I went to NM this evening to check the bridges and it started raining as I drove into the parking lot. After about 15 minutes, it stopped raining and headed down to the creek to check the bridge. The trail is in terrible shape because riders have been riding while it is wet. If they want it to be an all weather trail, fine with me, but they'll have to fix their mess themselves, because I will never go back! I've worked too hard at NM to have some JERKS go and make a mess of the trail!

IP Logged

Captain Awesome
Small Cog

Work, Ride, Repeat

Reply #4 - 07/06/13 at 2:03am
Print Post  
BigBikeMike wrote on 07/06/13 at 1:23am:
It rained 3 times at my house the fourth, 1 inch early morning, 1 inch during the day and 1 and a half inches in the evevning. I went to NM this evening to check the bridges and it started raining as I drove into the parking lot. After about 15 minutes, it stopped raining and headed down to the creek to check the bridge. The trail is in terrible shape because riders have been riding while it is wet. If they want it to be an all weather trail, fine with me, but they'll have to fix their mess themselves, because I will never go back! I've worked too hard at NM to have some JERKS go and make a mess of the trail!

Pretty sad to see all your hard work ruined by a few inconsiderate/uninformed A-holes

IP Logged

JasonK
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/06/13 at 2:11am
Print Post  
There may be a few "serious" riders out there when they shouldn't be.  But I would be willing to bet it is rec riders and families who don't know any better.  Although aren't there signs everywhere that say not to ride when trails are wet?  I wonder if less serious riders understand how it ruts and damages the trail?

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #6 - 07/06/13 at 3:12am
Print Post  
I really think that they don't care what it does to the trail. They should care about what the wet conditions does to their bikes, drive train, cables, housings and brakes. If they hit a slick rock or root and fall and get hurt real bad, those that don't listen, have to feel. I have rebar to anchor the bridge at the creek, so I will do that and then, I might just stop working at NM and let someone else do it.

IP Logged

raidermtb
Coaster Bike

Reply #7 - 07/06/13 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Hey big mike are you still going to do any work at LNSP.

IP Logged

raidermtb
Coaster Bike

Reply #8 - 07/06/13 at 4:19am
Print Post  
I have to agree with big mike I helped him move the big bridge back at N. MECK. THE trail was soaked and muddy. people where riding that day they just don't care some of them rode more than one lap and some of are even members of the trail blazers they should know better than to ride when the trails are in bad shape.I enjoy riding just like the next guy I also like to be safe when riding and riding when the trails are a mud hole and washed out is a good way to get hurt very bad. I'm on your side big mike any time you need some help or something done at the trail let me know. Right now during the  summer I'm open during the day mon - fri 10 am - 3 pm and I can help anytime on the weekends unless I'm out of town on vacation.

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #9 - 07/06/13 at 4:31am
Print Post  
Hey Mike. Don't get down or discouraged just because of a few inconsiderate riders.  I'm sure there are several riders that have been riding Fisher lately.  I just accept that it's going to happen and just do the best I can with it.

Sounds like you've also got several people here willing to help spread the work load that you so selflessly take on yourself.  I'd take advantage of it and let's start putting together a crew for LNSP.   

Like our past president Edward always says..."Many hands make light the load."  Smiley

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

isitwinteryet
Big Ring

in soviet russia, bike
steal you!

Reply #10 - 07/06/13 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Some people are jerks!  Crazy that some jerks are even ttbs!

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #11 - 07/06/13 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Tha trail wasn't that bad Sunday, but the following days, it was pretty wet. I'll get Brain to help me get it back in good shape. It will take awhile, but we will do it in sections. Sorry for getting discouraged, but come on folks. We need to take care of our trails and that takes all of us.

IP Logged

raidermtb
Coaster Bike

Reply #12 - 07/06/13 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Hey big mike you think with all this rain and all the trails closed we could get the bord to rename the club to the tarheel road blazers. Just kidding let me  know if you plan on doing any work at the trail next weekend.

IP Logged

MountainCycle
Big Ring

Unelite p***^. Heartbreak
lover.

Reply #13 - 07/06/13 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
BigBikeMike wrote on 07/06/13 at 10:50pm:
Tha trail wasn't that bad Sunday, but the following days, it was pretty wet. I'll get Brain to help me get it back in good shape. It will take awhile, but we will do it in sections. Sorry for getting discouraged, but come on folks. We need to take care of our trails and that takes all of us.

Mike, you da man an are well respected. Prob some nubby unknowing types.
Please keep up the passion. Again, you da man!

HotpinkHarorigidSpecializedEnduroFSRMountainCycleSanAndreasGaryFisherCobiaTrekSuperflyEliteCanfieldbrothersyelliscreamySantaCruzSuperlight29SurlyPugs nother'YelliScreamySalsaTimberjackYTJeffsy27

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #14 - 07/06/13 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Hey Mark, I'll keep doing the best I can and will accept any help that is offered. Brian (RaiderMTB) has been lots of help since we met at LNSP a few weeks back. He help me move the large bridge at NM back in place last Sunday and he has offered more help. Thanks for the encouragement and we'll work on getting a crew to help me do LNSP.

IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #15 - 07/07/13 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Aubin Guinness the manager at REI North Lake lives in the neighborhood behind the park and would be a great resource for help.  I'll get him in touch with you next week sometime.

And keep up the good work, ole' buddy!  Wink

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #16 - 07/07/13 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Thanks Mark, sounds good!

IP Logged

fred72

Reply #17 - 07/07/13 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
I live right down the road, so if you need an extra hand give me a heads up since I have two little ones and they take most of my time. But I'll be glad to help if I can...

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #18 - 07/08/13 at 3:19am
Print Post  
I'll sure keep you in mind Fred. Little ones takes alot of your time, but they're worth all the time it takes. Thanks for the offer to help!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print