Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How many days has LNSP been open since June? (Read 8094 times)
JT3
Coaster Bike

Re: How many days has LNSP been open since June?
Reply #20 - 08/22/13 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Bored, I paddled a lap on monbo this eve in my canoe...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

peddle faster, I heard banjo music!

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #21 - 08/22/13 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
But will LNSP be open "this" weekend?  That's the question.....

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

HEADSUP
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #22 - 08/22/13 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
I would bank on it being open by Friday. Cool

Lets ride!!!

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #23 - 08/22/13 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Vegas has the odds at 2:1 against opening on Friday. Forecast calls for light mist/possible fog conditions around midnight... Wink

IP Logged

Tracker

Working on 3rd childhood

Reply #24 - 08/23/13 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Oh joy. 1426
Angry

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) 2013-08-23_1425.png (Attachment deleted)

Help Somebody Help Themselves: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #25 - 08/23/13 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Meh, but a cloudburst.

IP Logged

HEADSUP
Coaster Bike

Reply #26 - 08/23/13 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
It rained at 3:00 ish at the park. All bets are off!!!!! HA HA

Lets ride!!!

IP Logged

JimShoe
Big Ring

Reply #27 - 08/23/13 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Jbird wrote on 08/15/13 at 9:44pm:
I'm new to the forum. I live in North Myrtle Beach but my works home office is in Mooresville. I got the privilege to ride LNSP last summer. Love the trail system. I'll be up that way this coming Monday and I was hoping to get an afternoon ride in. Reading this post and looking at the weather forecast.... doesn't look good  Cry

Are there any other trails in that area that would be worth me bringing the MTB for? If not, I may bring the road bike instead.

Thanks!
Jay

I wouldn't exactly call Kerr Scott close if he works in Mooresville at times and lives in N. Myrtle Beach. You might want to check out Rocky River Trail. It is not getting anywhere near the traffic that Steve would like to see. And it tends do do well with the wet weather excpet for the sections down along the river. Steve built bypasses for those sections. And if you like getting into some mud he doesn't mind you riding down in the bottom sections. The next heavy rain will just fill everything back in with muck. Perfect situation.

When the government takes responsibility for the people, the people will no longer take responsibility for themselves

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #28 - 08/23/13 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Yep RRT is the local go to now that Polar Tent is gone. Just plz observe the 24 hr rule and maybe check in with Steve via the website. It's great that he welcomes us riding when everyone else shuts down, but even his slice o'heaven can only handle so much. Don't want to mess with a good thang. Can't wait to ride out there when it is actually dried out. Maybe 2014, heh heh.

IP Logged

JokerSC
Little Ring

Reply #29 - 08/24/13 at 12:31am
Print Post  
It was open today and I rode it. Rained a little but then stopped. Its in pretty good condition. Wettest section being the far end of the thread trail, and even that wasn't too bad. I left at 5 pm. If theres no rain overnight it should be fine tomorrow.

RideMFRide

IP Logged

ChosenOne
Little Ring

Reply #30 - 08/24/13 at 1:49am
Print Post  
WWC was in good shape today.

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #31 - 08/24/13 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Hmmmmmmmm..... Huh

IP Logged

TwoNeener
Small Cog

Root Master

Reply #32 - 08/25/13 at 12:08am
Print Post  
anyone got any insider info on whether the rangers will open LNSP tomorrow?

IP Logged

JT3
Coaster Bike

Reply #33 - 08/25/13 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Just opened.  Going to be a perfect day to ride. Get on it!

peddle faster, I heard banjo music!

IP Logged

TwoNeener
Small Cog

Root Master

Reply #34 - 08/25/13 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
It indeed was a perfect day out at LNSP this afternoon.  Had a nice ride and talked to some nice people about Niners and Bronsons afterward.  The only thing that would have made it better was a post-ride beer but it's a state park so oh well.

IP Logged

boilerdown

Reply #35 - 08/26/13 at 12:23am
Print Post  
I rode Monbo, Hawk, and Hicks Creek today and it was in great shape except for maybe four wet spots, only one was muddy.  Beautiful day.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #36 - 08/26/13 at 12:37am
Print Post  
I was told there is a tree down on Monbo between 18 and 19. I was wondering if it is close to the fireroad and how big it is? I saw a small tree on Norwood, but couldn't move it because it was still attached to the trunk. You can ride across it and it is not at an angle. I cut a few trees on Hick's and cleared some drains, wet areas on Hawk. I stopped where the trail crossed the fireroad because I wanted to ride me some of that sweet trail. Hawk has some wet areas from there on to Norwood, so be careful, it is slick.

IP Logged

boilerdown

Reply #37 - 08/26/13 at 12:53am
Print Post  
I remember seeing a large felled tree, can't remember if it was Monbo or Hawk, but it had been pushed aside.  I did not encounter any obstructions on the trails.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #38 - 08/26/13 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Thanks for the info. I went by the office to check out and Gloria asked if I got the tree on Monbo. They were told it was Between 18 and 19 on Monbo and it was a pine tree. I'll be out of town next weekend, so I'm glad it has been taken care of. Thanks again, Mike.

IP Logged

All Seasons
Coaster Bike

Reply #39 - 08/27/13 at 1:28am
Print Post  
Sooooo stoked LNSP was open on Sunday! The Church O'Dirt was out early and moved both of the trees we came across!  The least we could do given such a great day to ride on trails that were finally open!  Have to say, I won't doubt the wisdom of the Park Officials who shut things down ever again. The trails were WAY more sloppy than I had expected. I live 10 mins away and couldn't believe that the park was getting so much rain that they stayed closed so long. But I was wrong and surprised at how much erosion there has been.  Of course that sometimes makes for more challenging trails!  Thanks BBM and your buds! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print