Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) "Bikers" are always wrong (Read 2102 times)
Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

"Bikers" are always wrong
10/02/13 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Pedal bikes or motorized.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

« Last Edit: 10/02/13 at 4:24pm by Robert C. »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

superglide23
Small Cog

"Don't keep crawfish in
pockets without zippers."

Re: "Bikers" are always wrong
Reply #1 - 10/02/13 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
like most news articles, we're only getting a portion of the story. I read about this yesterday, on CNN's website, and that article mentions the RR driver pulled over after he hit the first biker.

I'm all for bicyclists' rights, and motorcyclists' rights, but the truth is, you can be a jackass, regardless of the vehicle you ride/drive.

It is sad that one of those involved will never walk again.

SS

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

JR
Big Ring

Reply #2 - 10/02/13 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
if you watch all the POV footage, these bikers basically surrounded the vehicle while it was traveling down the road and were tight up on it.
Had to be intentionally

Thug Lyfe Biker Boyz

The driver allegedly "accidentally" rubs the rear tire on one of the bikes (because they were so close to the RR) and pulls over.
Pack of 20 bikers surround RR with family in it.

I'd take that as Hostile Intent and get my family the hell up out of there as well.

Bikers chased down RR and smashed out windows with helmets and fists.
Driver needed stitches.

Shame he didn't take out more when he ran over the group that surrounded him.

more demographic on demographic violence. nothing to see here. nothing new.
I'm sure Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson or 'Bama will have a press release soon...

"Don't rely on those who won't try"

IP Logged

SirNotAppearing
IB Room
In The Loop

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 10/02/13 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
These bikers were way in the wrong. They initiated contact with the brake check. They were riding on the wrong side of the road, and on sidewalks. The Land Rover driver acted to protect his family. Watch the videos and then defend these bikers:

IP Logged

Screaming Knees
Big Ring

Reply #4 - 10/02/13 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
The guy smashing the window is lucky the driver wasn't carrying. Be hard not to call self defense on that one. A group of people force you to pull over and slash your tires and drag you out of the car. Seems like a justified situation for lethal force to me. Who knows what they were going to do to him in the heat of the moment.

A mountain biker that doesn't ride a road bike has no legs, A road biker that doesn't ride the mountain bike has no soul.

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #5 - 10/02/13 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Initially I too thought the 4 wheeler was in the wrong.

However, after seeing the entire video the bikers appeared to intentionally caused the problem, then surround him with violent intent. 

They should have been glad he wasn't carrying.

Listen, you want to start a crusade professing bikers rights or something along those lines, fine. Great places to do that.

But if you think playing chicken with your bike and your buds on a public road way with some guy and his family in a Range Rover is a sensible thing to do. You need your head examined before you end up looking just like another possum laying in the middle of the road.
« Last Edit: 10/02/13 at 5:09pm by IntheBush »  

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Reply #6 - 10/02/13 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Makes me want to buy a Range Rover.  Seems to be tough.

Apparently there are tons of other videos posted on the group FB page of them acting like jack ****.  I have no sympathy for anyone who was run over.
« Last Edit: 10/02/13 at 6:33pm by Yellowduck »  

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

DZack
Coaster Bike

GO BLUE.

Reply #7 - 10/02/13 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Yellowduck wrote on 10/02/13 at 6:31pm:
Makes me want to buy a Range Rover.  Seems to be tough.

Apparently there are tons of other videos posted on the group FB page of them acting like jack ****.  I have no sympathy for anyone who was run over. 

+10000

IMBA member.
IP Logged

The Cycle Path
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

Treasurer '11 to '18.
Trail Chair '12-'18,
'20-'21

Reply #8 - 10/02/13 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Why didn't the motorcyclists call the police and report it?  They obviously had video and the guys tag number.  No reason to go all "Mad Max".  They should have never tried to open the vehicle's door. 

You don't corner someone and expect them to not react. 

People behaving badly.  Tongue
« Last Edit: 10/02/13 at 8:03pm by The Cycle Path »  

We carry the finest from Specialized, Yeti, Transition, and Kona.
IP Logged

Ridefour15
Little Ring

Reply #9 - 10/02/13 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Read this before commenting further: 

Basically the motorcyclists were driving like assholes.  One of the guys who shot the video which you see on the news deleted a lot of videos showing them breaking laws and being pricks, but someone else saved them first and rehosted on other video sites.

For his safety, the Land Rover shouldn't have tried to push through the group, but it doesn't make the motorcyclists right.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #10 - 10/03/13 at 12:06am
Print Post  
There were multiple exits on the West Side Drive the guy driving the RR could have taken before he finally pulled off the highway....

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Reply #11 - 10/03/13 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Ridefour15 wrote on 10/02/13 at 10:14pm:

For his safety, the Land Rover shouldn't have tried to push through the group, but it doesn't make the motorcyclists right.

Did he try to push through the group?  I mean before the motorcycle pulled in front of him and slammed on the brakes.  When the video starts, he is already surrounded but we don't know what happened before the video started.  I read elsewhere:

"As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. "

Can't speak if that is true or not.  I can say if I were in the same situation with my wife and 2 year old in the car, I would have done the same thing.  Worse thing he did was get into a situation where he had to stop.
« Last Edit: 10/03/13 at 2:03am by Yellowduck »  

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #12 - 10/03/13 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
The gang, called "Hollywood Stuntz," according to police, chased the man, and he was forced to stop because of flat tires.

I don't see this happening down here.

It would look like a shooting gallery at the carnival.
« Last Edit: 10/03/13 at 11:02am by IntheBush »  

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #13 - 10/03/13 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Did you say Icy Hot Stuntaz?

IP Logged

Cherokee
Little Ring

Reply #14 - 10/03/13 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
IntheBush wrote on 10/03/13 at 9:29am:

I don't see this happening down here.

It would look like a shooting gallery at the carnival.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If they try it, they should probably stay away from pickup trucks! (I'm not beating on PU drivers; I drive one)

"The state is the great fiction by which each of us seeks to live at the expense of all of us."    --19th century French economist Frederic Bastiat

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #15 - 10/03/13 at 2:31pm
Print Post  

This should get the "bikers/thugs" attention. 

« Last Edit: 10/03/13 at 2:43pm by Enoch »  

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #16 - 10/03/13 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Enoch wrote on 10/03/13 at 2:31pm:

I want one.
« Last Edit: 10/03/13 at 7:27pm by IntheBush »  

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #17 - 10/03/13 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Enoch wrote on 10/03/13 at 2:31pm:

Considering the ammo shortages over the past year $20.00 does not buy a box 9 mm ammo! Maybe $40?

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

JR
Big Ring

Reply #18 - 10/03/13 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
$20 buys 22 rounds of Federal 7.62x39.
An AK pistol is still a pistol I can CCW.
Bet on that...

IP Logged

JR
Big Ring

Reply #19 - 10/03/13 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
...or 71 rounds of Wolf.

two 30rd mags full. How convenient...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print