Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Saturday 2/1 - Uwharrie (Read 890 times)
RobP
Big Ring

Saturday 2/1 - Uwharrie
02/01/14 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Thinking about riding URE around 1 with one other.  It is very tenative at the moment, but I dont know where else will be in decent shape.  It will be a slow ride given how much riding I have been doing.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Cherokee
Little Ring

Re: Saturday 2/1 - Uwharrie
Reply #1 - 02/01/14 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Rob, I'm planning to ride up there, but I have to go earlier because of a funeral I need to attend in the afternoon. I'm aiming for 11, but may not quite make that. I was hoping to be headed home by 1ish. Let me know if you want to meet. I'll be in a blue Tacoma this time.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"The state is the great fiction by which each of us seeks to live at the expense of all of us."    --19th century French economist Frederic Bastiat

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #2 - 02/01/14 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
I might be interested. I might be meeting some folks out there earlier but not sure how long they are going to stay out there.

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 02/01/14 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Sorry I had some errands to run this morning, but the adjusted start time is now shooting for 12:30

IP Logged

Cherokee
Little Ring

Reply #4 - 02/01/14 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
catsruletn wrote on 02/01/14 at 2:57pm:
I might be interested. I might be meeting some folks out there earlier but not sure how long they are going to stay out there.

I'll be in a dark blue Tacoma and riding a red and white Specialized bike if you see me.

"The state is the great fiction by which each of us seeks to live at the expense of all of us."    --19th century French economist Frederic Bastiat

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #5 - 02/01/14 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
OK. I'm headed that way. Won't get here till.close to 1 though. Maroon crv. Black and pink pivot bike.

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

IP Logged

RobP
Big Ring

Reply #6 - 02/01/14 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
First time I can ever say that Uwharrie was in bad shape.  The connector trail from 24/27 was a mess so were parts of Keyauwee. White tail was in the best shape, but I didnt ride Supertree.

IP Logged

Cherokee
Little Ring

Reply #7 - 02/02/14 at 1:08am
Print Post  
My thoughts exactly. And with the super soft ground, the climbs were brutal...couldn't get any momentum, just had to slog it out from start to finish.   Tongue

IP Logged

catsruletn
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

My bike demands rights!!

Reply #8 - 02/02/14 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Sorry I missed you guys. I ended up riding with some others. I thought the conditions were actually not bad. Certainly not optimal but overall not bad. 80% or so just fine with some spots being muddy and slick but the rest was good.
« Last Edit: 02/02/14 at 7:53pm by catsruletn »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print