Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Laurel Loop at LNSP (Read 544 times)
BigBikeMike
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Laurel Loop at LNSP
05/04/14 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Ranger Walker at the park says there is too much trail widening going on. I fixed a section of trail two Sundays ago and rode it this morning to find that someone with no riding skills moved the rocks, logs and debris that I blocked the trail with. I fixed it again today, so if you can't ride the rocky section of trail, please get off your bike and walk it. We have to go by their rules at the State Park! You will never learn to ride more difficult sections if you keep undoing my work and not trying to ride that section. Your not responsible for doing trail work, so stay on your bike and leave our trail work alone. Nuff said!!
BBM

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Advocat
In The Loop
Project Board

Re: Laurel Loop at LNSP
Reply #1 - 05/05/14 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
I think what we need is some small temporary signs that tell riders not to alter trail or create go-arounds. These could be set up in trouble spots and particularly where/when we correct a go-around. I suspect most go-arounders and trail alterers do not read the forums. Hopefully a sign would give them the info to make the right decision - to leave the trail as it is!

PLEASE! DO NOT ALTER THE TRAIL or create go-around routes to 
           avoid roots, rocks or features that you prefer to avoid! 

LEAVE THE TRAIL AS IT IS. If you have an issue with trail conditions,
           contact the trail coordinator at tarheeltrailblazers.com; Club Info tab, 
           Board Members tab. 

Or some such .... Simple 8 1/2 X 11 bright color, laminated and stapled on plywood attachedto a 12-18" stake that can be driven into the ground. If riders see these at different locations from time to time, it may help a lot. Offenders are less likely to continue if they know evertyone is seeing these signs. The go arounds are getting out of hand and are more and more pathetic.

No one will read these admonitions at the trail heads - put them where the trouble spots are.

I saw a dad and his son on a strider yesterday at Beatty. No go arounds for that young man! (Maybe the signs should have a picture of him and his stryder saying "He doesn't need a go around, WHY DO YOU?)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

TRAILS........................................CONNECT........................................PEOPLE

IP Logged

JimShoe
Big Ring

Reply #2 - 05/06/14 at 2:54am
Print Post  
I think any type of sign should also make mention of park regs or something to add a little force to it. I don't understand why people go out to a mountain bike trail then try and alter the rough spots. If it is that difficult they need to try those nice wide trails called greenways
Smiley

When the government takes responsibility for the people, the people will no longer take responsibility for themselves

IP Logged

Pulling60
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 05/06/14 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Two comments:

First, I think it is great that the Rangers (Ranger Walker?) are caring for our trails to that extent -- Thanks all! (Also Big Mike, of course!)

Second, I agree that as much signage as possible regarding trail manners and specifics about not reconfiguring would help.  I encounter a few folks who apparently miss some of the directional signs that are there, but they appear to be those who would want to follow the rules if they only knew...  I choose to assume those who moved rocks around had good intentions...   

Now time to get out and enjoy this great riding weather!

73 ES GOD BLESS U ES URS   Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print