Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New work by the dam @ beatty super soft. (Read 2210 times)
KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Re: New work by the dam @ beatty super soft.
Reply #20 - 06/02/14 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
David, I love hearing about all the improvements you and the crew are doing, and very much appreciate all the work y'all do! Question: is the flow trail still in the plans?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

Gravitythief76
In The Loop
Project Board

Just say no to Man-dex

Reply #21 - 06/02/14 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Thanks kit. Yes still in the plans but a much bigger project than it was originally going to be Smiley think 300 truckloads of dirt sculpted by professionals! We are in the fundraising/material sourcing phase now which could last a while. We need dirt and dough! It's going to cost around $30 K. Community involvement in the fundraising effort is most welcome so if you have some ideas…
« Last Edit: 06/02/14 at 3:46pm by Gravitythief76 »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!

IP Logged

KitJ BBQman
Big Ring

This is gonna hurt!

Reply #22 - 06/02/14 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Gravitythief76 wrote on 06/02/14 at 3:43pm:
Thanks kit. Yes still in the plans but a much bigger project than it was originally going to be Smiley think 300 truckloads of dirt sculpted by professionals! We are in the fundraising/material sourcing phase now which could last a while. We need dirt and dough! It's going to cost around $30 K. Community involvement in the fundraising effort is most welcome so if you have some ideas…

Maybe have some some ride-and-eat fundraisers at the park, sell burgers, dogs and drinks. Go around to the local grocery stores to get donations of food and stuff (especially the new-to-town Publix). Maybe have some of LBS' there to do bike checks. Then do this like once a month.

I used to ride; now I just drink and cry about not riding.
AIM  
IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #23 - 06/02/14 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Gravitythief76 wrote on 05/31/14 at 2:40pm:
If its any consolation trying to hit it would not end well. The run up is 4" of peanutbutter goop, the lander is slick, and the drain at the bottom is full of more silt from the gulley washer thurs. Will be sweet once dry though.

It's all relative

IP Logged

ChosenOne
Little Ring

Reply #24 - 06/03/14 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Robert C. wrote on 06/02/14 at 5:01pm:

It's all relative

To keep w/ the troll.. Cheesy I really do love riding muddy trails...  When the thread trail first opened all the way out it was really greasy there in the last 1/3 of the track.  Nothing more fun than hitting the turns full speed and drifting all the way through.  That's how you learn how to handle a bike on the trails.
« Last Edit: 06/03/14 at 10:58pm by ChosenOne »  

IP Logged

tjbelge
Coaster Bike

ride eat sleep repeat

Reply #25 - 06/04/14 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I can agree with both of your statements but if your looking to ride in mucky nasty its best to go out and either ride a trail where nobody cared if you rut it up and cause big erosion issues(not beatty) or go out and ride some of the bootleg trails in the area where you arnt even supposed to be in the first place.  

Trails close after rain not only because of saftey, but also to help ensure that the trail can be enjoyed by many people for many years without thousands of hours in trail maintance just to fix what is done by a select few who have probably never picked up a shovel to help maintain a trail.  Not to make any accusations or point the finger, but for th most part people who dont respect a closed trail won't do much to maintain it obviously 

We are very fortunate to have the trail systems that we do, and all things considered they do dry out fairly quickly.  Im from raleigh and there are a few trails that have actaully closed because of this in the last decade, and from the looks of it they used to be sweet single tracks. 

Alright i'll get off my soapbox now I was just didnt want people to get the wrong idea. Besides if you really want to learn how to control a bike ride some snow not that its very possible now though haha.
« Last Edit: 06/04/14 at 6:40pm by tjbelge »  
IP Logged

isitwinteryet
Big Ring

in soviet russia, bike
steal you!

Reply #26 - 06/04/14 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
tjbelge wrote on 06/04/14 at 6:39pm:
I can agree with both of your statements but if your looking to ride in mucky nasty its best to go out and either ride a trail where nobody cared if you rut it up and cause big erosion issues(not beatty) or go out and ride some of the bootleg trails in the area where you arnt even supposed to be in the first place.  

Trails close after rain not only because of saftey, but also to help ensure that the trail can be enjoyed by many people for many years without thousands of hours in trail maintance just to fix what is done by a select few who have probably never picked up a shovel to help maintain a trail.  Not to make any accusations or point the finger, but for th most part people who dont respect a closed trail won't do much to maintain it obviously 

We are very fortunate to have the trail systems that we do, and all things considered they do dry out fairly quickly.  Im from raleigh and there are a few trails that have actaully closed because of this in the last decade, and from the looks of it they used to be sweet single tracks. 

Alright i'll get off my soapbox now I was just didnt want people to get the wrong idea. Besides if you really want to learn how to control a bike ride some snow not that its very possible now though haha.

thats y there is poston so we can ride after it rains, no ttb maintained so no worries

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print