Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Trail Dog - Sherman Branch Trail (Read 858 times)
John M
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Trail Dog - Sherman Branch Trail
10/10/14 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Interesting riding Sherman Branch today (around 4 pm).  First time I have ever run over there and half way running the Main Loop and peppy medium size black stray dog followed me for about a mile or so running either right behind or beside me.  Kind of freaked me out the first time he came up, but continued to do it after going around the corner and a minute later, came and did the same thing.  I heard him bark a few times in the distance with other riders.  Wasn't sure if he was a regular around there, was kind of scared the first time I saw him, but seemed to be just having fun chasing the bike.   

First time at Sherman, had a great time doing the Roller Coaster and Main Loop.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

sager
Big Ring

Waiting for my next ride!

Re: Trail Dog - Sherman Branch Trail
Reply #1 - 10/10/14 at 11:54am
Print Post  
I've never seen him there.  However, there is a trail worker who has a dog that has joined me on my ride at back yard trails.  Don't know his name.  Maybe he was at Sherman yesterday.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Shredder
Big Ring

Reply #2 - 10/10/14 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Wasn't a stray. I saw him and his owners heading out to ride while I was getting ready. Dad had a toddler in a backpack type thing that he rode with, which is a whole different issue. The dog almost took me out coming up the trail the wrong way in the berm section right after the end of the RC. The owners were nowhere to be seen at that point,but I did see them with the dog at one of the crossovers of the fire road, and I guess they thought better of it cause they were gone when I got done. I love dogs, and have a dog, but I don't get why people feel the need to bring them riding on a public trail as busy as Sherman. Undecided

IP Logged

MTBottles

Reply #3 - 10/10/14 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
I've seen a guy out there a couple of times with a black dog that looks a lot like a small lab. I talked to him, and it is actually a mix breed that neither breed looks particularly lab-ish. This dog is actually very well behaved, and stayed right with the owner and even moved out of the way of passing bikers. I didn't have a problem with this one, but that's the rare .1% of off leash dogs on trails.

IP Logged

Bobadamus
Coaster Bike

Exorcise Me!

Reply #4 - 10/10/14 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I didn't see a Black Dog today but I did see the White Squirrel.  My son got a virgin spot.  My second.  Still lives. Smiley

IP Logged

Rockys Smarter Brother

Reply #5 - 10/10/14 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
I finally got to ride this bad boy for the first time.  No dogs but the best trail blazers trail I've rode yet.

IP Logged

Big Chuck
Coaster Bike

Reply #6 - 10/11/14 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Rockys Smarter Brother wrote on 10/10/14 at 11:19pm:
I finally got to ride this bad boy for the first time.  No dogs but the best trail blazers trail I've rode yet.

Sherman is a great trail. I ride it as often as I can. If you have never been to Lake Norman State Park then you need to check it out. I'm not sure what the total miles are because the most I have ridden there is 25.

"By His Grace I Ride,Ride On"
Big Chuck
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print