Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) I-9 Enduro 29er Wheelset Feeler (Read 1656 times)
Russell N
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

I-9 Enduro 29er Wheelset Feeler
04/22/16 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Hey all thought I'd throw this up here. For sale is a gently used set of I-9 Torch enduro 29er wheels. The rims show minimal signs of use and the bearings and freehub body are absolutely buttery smooth. The wheels will be freshly tensioned prior to sale and would come with fresh tubeless tape and valve stems. This wheelset has less than a season of use and was part of a three bike rotation.

Specs are as follows....
I-9 Torch Enduro 29er Rims: 26mm internal width
32 spokes
15x100 front
142x12 rear
XD Driver Body
Retail Price: $1210

I'm looking to get $800

Feel free to message me with questions!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

BS68280

Re: I-9 Enduro 29er Wheelset Feeler
Reply #1 - 04/22/16 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Sent you a PM

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

zebt66

Reply #2 - 04/24/16 at 9:11am
Print Post  
What color scheme are they?

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #3 - 04/24/16 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
They are all black, can text pics and I'll try to add some here too.

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #4 - 05/02/16 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Based on the offers I've gotten I'm just going to hold onto these. I-9's don't seem to hold their value so well! Thanks for the interest!

IP Logged

BS68280

Reply #5 - 05/03/16 at 12:08am
Print Post  
I think that goes for used wheelsets in general.

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #6 - 05/03/16 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Eh, these are on the extreme side of depreciation IMO. Paid 1200 plus tax. Light use , perfect bearings, flawless rims, fresh tensioning, I personally think they are worth a little more than half the original value. 

Not upset about it but I'll definitely keep these a bit longer.

IP Logged

azcanc
Small Cog

Reply #7 - 05/03/16 at 1:48am
Print Post  
Shoot me a few pics please. ssninerguy@gmail.com

BOOM, DONE!

IP Logged

zebt66

Reply #8 - 05/03/16 at 1:53am
Print Post  
I just bought a brand new set of I9 Enduros 29er custom spec. Red Hub with Red and Black Spokes for $958 picked up from I9. I bought them through a online store and picked them up locally. Just for reference.

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #9 - 05/03/16 at 2:20am
Print Post  
That's a really good deal, better than I could do! Almost 25% off a pretty high demand product without even factoring in sales tax.  How'd you purchase online and pick up at a shop? 

I actually found some wider carbon rims with a matching erd to the I-9's so I think I am just going to re-lace to those. I have wider rims on my other bike and wanted to upgrade anyway.
« Last Edit: 05/03/16 at 2:24am by Russell N »  

IP Logged

zebt66

Reply #10 - 05/03/16 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Russell N wrote on 05/03/16 at 2:20am:
That's a really good deal, better than I could do! Almost 25% off a pretty high demand product without even factoring in sales tax.  How'd you purchase online and pick up at a shop? 

I actually found some wider carbon rims with a matching erd to the I-9's so I think I am just going to re-lace to those. I have wider rims on my other bike and wanted to upgrade anyway.

Store I ordered from is in California. I9 doesn't drop ship and I didn't want to wait another two weeks for my wheelset. I9 had to ship the wheelset to the store in Cali and then back to me in Raleigh, NC. I asked them if I could pick it up locally and they agreed.

IP Logged

sCvHeaVens
Small Cog

Reply #11 - 05/03/16 at 11:47am
Print Post  
zebt66 wrote on 05/03/16 at 1:53am:
I just bought a brand new set of I9 Enduros 29er custom spec. Red Hub with Red and Black Spokes for $958 picked up from I9. I bought them through a online store and picked them up locally. Just for reference.

This... a friend of mine picked up a set of i9 trail (I've seen the enduros for this price too) for $720 shipped.  Only suck part is paying $50 shipping to go from Asheville > California > pretty much Asheville

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #12 - 05/03/16 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
That's an absolutely crazy price. If you ever see the torch enduro wheelset for $720 PM me and I'll buy it all day! I could understand the trail s (steel spoke version) going for that much  as it retails for a little over $800 but $720 for a wheelset that retails for $1210 is insane.

IP Logged

zebt66

Reply #13 - 05/04/16 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Russell N wrote on 05/03/16 at 12:57pm:
That's an absolutely crazy price. If you ever see the torch enduro wheelset for $720 PM me and I'll buy it all day! I could understand the trail s (steel spoke version) going for that much  as it retails for a little over $800 but $720 for a wheelset that retails for $1210 is insane.

Put your wheelset on Pink Bike.

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #14 - 05/09/16 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
I'm re-lacing these guys with carbon hoops so I'll have some nearly new I-9 rims leftover. They really are about as good as it gets for an alloy rim but I've been a bit spoiled by the carbon rims on my other wheelset. 

If anyone is interested in a pair of excellent condition I-9 enduro 29er rims for a cheap price, please PM me.

IP Logged

zebt66

Reply #15 - 05/10/16 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Russell N wrote on 05/09/16 at 11:17pm:
I'm re-lacing these guys with carbon hoops so I'll have some nearly new I-9 rims leftover. They really are about as good as it gets for an alloy rim but I've been a bit spoiled by the carbon rims on my other wheelset. 

If anyone is interested in a pair of excellent condition I-9 enduro 29er rims for a cheap price, please PM me.

What carbon hoops are you using? Who is relacing them?

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #16 - 05/10/16 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
I am going with a pair from carbonbicycle. I've had good luck with them in the past and they happened to have a pair with a 29mm internal width and some beefy beadwalls. The ERD is within 1mm of the stock I9 rims. 

I will be doing the re-lacing. Will be the third I-9 wheelset I've re-laced, first for myself though.

IP Logged

zebt66

Reply #17 - 05/11/16 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Russell N wrote on 05/10/16 at 7:09pm:
I am going with a pair from carbonbicycle. I've had good luck with them in the past and they happened to have a pair with a 29mm internal width and some beefy beadwalls. The ERD is within 1mm of the stock I9 rims. 

I will be doing the re-lacing. Will be the third I-9 wheelset I've re-laced, first for myself though.

Nice, I want to see pictures of the wheelset once you are done with them.

IP Logged

Russell N
Small Cog

Reply #18 - 05/26/16 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
I-9 Enduro rims from this set still for sale.  Specs are as follows

ERD: 596
Internal Width 26mm
Weight: About 500g ea
Spokes: 32h

These wheels can be laced up with any spokes and are comparable to a stans flow but they are a bit lighter, much prettier, and seem to be more ding resistant due to the hardened shot-peened finish.  The condition is excellent. 

$85 for the pair.

IP Logged

Screaming Knees
Big Ring

Reply #19 - 06/20/16 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
I'm interested if you are willing to ship them. I moved to CO a while back. 

sent you a pm.
« Last Edit: 06/20/16 at 8:59pm by Screaming Knees »  

A mountain biker that doesn't ride a road bike has no legs, A road biker that doesn't ride the mountain bike has no soul.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print