Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Riding with the Ranger at Lake Norman State Park (Read 8760 times)
nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Riding with the Ranger at Lake Norman State Park
Reply #20 - 09/17/17 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
The weather is looking nice for this upcoming week. The Ranger plans to ride sometime around 6 PM on Wednesday Sept 20. He will meet under the 'Murican Flag and then plans to lightly shred whatever trail that is agreed on. He'd prefer to hit some of the newly dusted off Laurel or Wildlife Loops.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Tom F
In The Loop

I'm ready. Get the bike.

Reply #21 - 09/17/17 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Pass on to Da Ranger: Trees down on Norwood between 10 & 11 but closer to 11 ( maybe 300 yards). Reported it to the desk today but not sure it will be written down. One is a 2 1/2 inch oak that is down with a 12 to 14 inch tree that will need to be sectioned to clear.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

2011 (frame) Santa Cruz Superlight & Stumpy Comp (1999), 2017 Tallboy C RX2
22Levo

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #22 - 09/17/17 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
10-4. Rangers have photographic proof of its existence. We will try to get to it early this week!
« Last Edit: 09/17/17 at 9:21pm by nottheranger »  

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #23 - 09/20/17 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
6 PM- Today - Ride - LKN

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #24 - 09/21/17 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
So... there seems to be quite a lack of interest in these Rides with the Ranger? Are they too early? Bad day? Offered too sporadically due to my schedule? No one likes the Ranger?

I have heard the phrase "night rides" mentioned numerous times to me over the past year. I was hoping to gauge interest in night group rides with these evening rides. I felt if I could get participation in the evening rides then I could easily transition that into some night group rides this Fall. But, participation has been slim to none.

I have to request approval to leave the park open past closing hours for night rides to occur-- which also means I have to stay late. Gates close at 6 PM come November. I currently am not sure if I will gain approval since I can't prove it's worth it (no participation in past).

Anywho, I will again plan to ride Wednesday Oct 11 and Oct 25. Same time. Same place. These may be evening/dusk rides. 

(Exchange all 1st person statements with the 3rd person "The Ranger". I am nottheranger)

IP Logged

drdirt55
Small Cog

Stupid should be painful

Reply #25 - 09/21/17 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
I don't get it. Having met and ridden with the the ranger, I can say he rides well and is generally a great guy who we should hope to have on staff for years to come. I hate I missed last night but hope to make the next one in October.

Lets get a good crowd out and if its the day lets figure out what works.

Ride On

IP Logged

jaybase09
Coaster Bike

Reply #26 - 09/21/17 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
I live in south charlotte so it is impossible for me but have these rides been posted on facebook by the trailblazers? ( idk since I quit facebook a while ago) Seems there might be more traction on that site?

IP Logged

Dave H

Reply #27 - 09/21/17 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Any chance these rides could ever be on the weekend?

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #28 - 09/21/17 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Day/Time change is always an option! 

Weekends could be an option-- I work most of them. It can be a little overwhelming with crowds here on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon though.

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #29 - 10/01/17 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
The Ranger plans to ride Wednesday Oct 11 and Wednesday Oct 25 at 6 PM. Both these rides can be considered day/dusk rides. 

The Ranger also plans to ride Saturday Oct 14 @ 3 PM.

IP Logged

ChosenOne
Little Ring

Reply #30 - 10/01/17 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
If the ranger want's to ride at WWC I am all in.   

I like LKN trails.. but they are at the other end of the river from me so it's not on my regular. 

I really, really, believe there will be HUGE support for LKN night rides.. someone just needs to say... every X Wednesday we are riding LKN in the dark. 

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #31 - 10/02/17 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Now that DH biking season is over and I won't be working, I'm going to try real hard to make one of these rides. I love the trails at LNSP and I miss riding them.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #32 - 10/05/17 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Planning to leaves Snowshoe next Friday morning (not this week, but next) to visit all my kin folk and ride LNSP on Saturday. See you guys then! Looking forward to it!!

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #33 - 10/10/17 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
If the trails dry off-- The Ranger still plans to try to get a ride in tomorrow. 6PM or a little after. Meet under the flag. Bring a light in case it gets dark. Bring 2 in case the Ranger forgets his. 

BigBikeMike, I look forward to meeting you. I have heard a couple good things about you.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #34 - 10/10/17 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
I just hope the trails dry up enough for the ride on Saturday. We will be heading down that way on Friday morning and will see you on Saturday. I look forward to meeting you also and hope we can get a good ride in.

IP Logged

drdirt55
Small Cog

Stupid should be painful

Reply #35 - 10/10/17 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Wish I could make it but am headed to Key West to help clean up a friends condo....if my wife asks.  Hope you have a good showing.  Trail looks good and the gnomes have even been to Monbo

Ride On

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #36 - 10/11/17 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Trails should be open today! Little tacky-- but good. 

The Ranger on the other hand-- has that gnarly cold that is going around. So-- you should ride, but he won't be riding. 

Still plan to ride Saturday at 3 PM. Wish I could ride in the morning, but I gotta work first.
« Last Edit: 10/11/17 at 12:37pm by nottheranger »  

IP Logged

Kurt Speed
Coaster Bike

Speed makes all trails
technical.

Reply #37 - 10/11/17 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear you’re under the weather; was hoping to meet you this evening.  Be in the mountains this weekend so will miss the Sat. Ride. Heck I’ll miss BigBikeMike too.

Bummed! Sad

The one from whom I needed to be saved... is the very one who saved me.  That's Amazing Grace!

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Reply #38 - 10/12/17 at 1:09am
Print Post  
I hate to hear you're under the weather! I hope you feel better by Saturday!
Drdirt and Kevin, I hate you guys won't be around to ride with us. Maybe next time.
That's funny, I'm leave the mountains and you going to the hills. You guys have a good and safe trip!!

BBM

IP Logged

nottheranger
Coaster Bike

Reply #39 - 10/13/17 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Trails are quite soggy from last nights rain-- closed this morning. 

But, the Ranger is in at 0630 tomorrow morning and will open them ASAP (if not this afternoon). 

Looking forward to some decent shredding tomorrow at 3 PM! (Might be a little slow due to a gnarly sinus infection).  Meet under the 'Murican Flag at 3-- and we can hit whatever we agree on (I vote Laurel)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Print