Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Riding group for older or slower riders? (Read 32911 times)
Big Chuck
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Riding group for older or slower riders?
Reply #40 - 10/11/18 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
If you guys ride Sat. AM I would like to join you.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"By His Grace I Ride,Ride On"
Big Chuck
IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

AKA: MTBSurfer

Reply #41 - 10/11/18 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
DG wrote on 10/11/18 at 3:13pm:

Getting hurt?

Got hurt a number of years ago when I was going too fast and took a tumble.  Plus, now I'm 60, things break easier and heal more slowly, so I don't want to do that again.  Mostly though, I enjoy my ride more when I go at slower pace, taking time to enjoy the experience.
« Last Edit: 10/11/18 at 5:54pm by MTB4U »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #42 - 10/11/18 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Big Chuck wrote on 10/11/18 at 4:01pm:
If you guys ride Sat. AM I would like to join you.

Absolutely, let's go. 
« Last Edit: 10/11/18 at 5:53pm by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #43 - 10/11/18 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
MTB4U wrote on 10/11/18 at 5:50pm:

Absolutely, let's go. 

Which one? My suggestions as usual are Ballantyne District Park. Nice easy, new addition a little bit more technical but overall nice. 
Matthews Purser Hulsey, old portion nice and with a lot of ups and downs. New addition nice and for now has two directions. (what I like of this trail is that there is hardly anyone)

Open to other suggestions of course what time?

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #44 - 10/11/18 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
DG wrote on 10/11/18 at 6:03pm:

Which one? My suggestions as usual are Ballantyne District Park. Nice easy, new addition a little bit more technical but overall nice. 
Matthews Purser Hulsey, old portion nice and with a lot of ups and downs. New addition nice and for now has two directions. (what I like of this trail is that there is hardly anyone)

Open to other suggestions of course what time?

Anne Springs has been my favorite so far, but I'm up for giving Ballantyne DP a go.  How does 9AM on Saturday sound?

I don't know anything about Ballantyne.  Big Chuck, are you interested in riding there?
« Last Edit: 10/11/18 at 10:21pm by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #45 - 10/12/18 at 12:15am
Print Post  
MTB4U wrote on 10/11/18 at 10:18pm:

Anne Springs has been my favorite so far, but I'm up for giving Ballantyne DP a go.  How does 9AM on Saturday sound?

I don't know anything about Ballantyne.  Big Chuck, are you interested in riding there?

I normally park near the soccer fields and the pavilion. It it not too far from the start/end point . I have a black jeep and 9 is fine.

IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Reply #46 - 10/12/18 at 1:30am
Print Post  
If you guys wouldn’t mind I’d be happy to show you the trails at BDP. I live apx 2 blocks from there so I’ll just ride over. I have a black Trek Fuel EX and will meet you over by the soccer fields as described before. One caveat, this will be my first ride after collar bone surgery so no guarantees on pace. With the new loop we have about 3.5 to 4 miles of nice bluish green trails. Some very good flow sections that I think you guys will appreciate.

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #47 - 10/12/18 at 1:57am
Print Post  
NC Kingsting wrote on 10/12/18 at 1:30am:
If you guys wouldn’t mind I’d be happy to show you the trails at BDP. I live apx 2 blocks from there so I’ll just ride over. I have a black Trek Fuel EX and will meet you over by the soccer fields as described before. One caveat, this will be my first ride after collar bone surgery so no guarantees on pace. With the new loop we have about 3.5 to 4 miles of nice bluish green trails. Some very good flow sections that I think you guys will appreciate.

Great, glad to have you.  Collar bones get broken in bike crashes often, is that what happened?
« Last Edit: 10/12/18 at 2:01am by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

flynfink

Reply #48 - 10/12/18 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
MTB4U wrote on 10/11/18 at 3:02pm:

Could meet at Sherman Branch, which looks like it's halfway between Concord and Indian Trail.  (on the TT map at least)  For me, it's been fear of getting hurt and this gut that has been creeping up. 

Know SB well. Maybe next week in the AM. Have Grandkid duty this weekend and probably next/

Jeff F.
Concord, NC
flynfink@yahoo.com

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #49 - 10/12/18 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
See you tomorrow morning at 9 am at BDP, I have a black jeep and black Cannondale

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #50 - 10/12/18 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
DG wrote on 10/12/18 at 5:00pm:
See you tomorrow morning at 9 am at BDP, I have a black jeep and black Cannondale

Ok, I'm in a Chevy Equinox (compact SUV) that is dark grey, almost black.  I'll be riding a black and green Intense Sniper.   I'll wear my black and blue Panthers hat.  See you at 9.  

Anyone else want to join?
« Last Edit: 10/12/18 at 7:02pm by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #51 - 10/12/18 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
flynfink wrote on 10/12/18 at 2:21pm:

Know SB well. Maybe next week in the AM. Have Grandkid duty this weekend and probably next/

Oh yeah, I know grand kid duty, and I love it.  I moved out here from California partly to do just that.  I'm newly retired and looking to ride anytime, so let me know when you can go.  Warning: I'm an OK rider with lots of experience, but I've gotten kind of slow over the years.

IP Logged

flynfink

Reply #52 - 10/12/18 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
MTB4U wrote on 10/12/18 at 6:52pm:

I'm an OK rider with lots of experience, but I've gotten kind of slow over the years. 

same here.

Jeff F.
Concord, NC
flynfink@yahoo.com

IP Logged

dave mac

Reply #53 - 10/12/18 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
fyi the trail has a massive tree down on the techincal side before the switch backs. 

also another tree down near the entrance across from the street of the shed entrance. 

Just walked the dog there tonight trails look fairly dried out considering.   

Did not check the flowy section

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #54 - 10/13/18 at 12:23am
Print Post  
dave mac wrote on 10/12/18 at 11:32pm:
fyi the trail has a massive tree down on the techincal side before the switch backs. 

also another tree down near the entrance across from the street of the shed entrance. 

Yikes!  I don't mind carrying my bike over a fallen tree, but I wonder if the park will even be open tomorrow.  Let's check back here tomorrow at about 8am.

IP Logged

Big Chuck
Coaster Bike

Reply #55 - 10/13/18 at 12:24am
Print Post  
I wish I could make it but I have a wedding tomorrow. 
Enjoy your ride.

"By His Grace I Ride,Ride On"
Big Chuck
IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #56 - 10/13/18 at 1:29am
Print Post  
dave mac wrote on 10/12/18 at 11:32pm:

What are the conditions of the green segment?

IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Reply #57 - 10/13/18 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Totally on point as to the collar bone. Was planning on hitting Beech Mt the first weekend in Sept and broke the collar bone on a training ride the day before. Damn road bikes!  One month since putting in 7 screws as of this Thursday. Time to celebrate and do some riding. 

Haven’t been on the trails lately but the neighborhood has dried out very well. My backyard has hero dirt tonight and is less than a mile away. I’ll check the web site tomorrow am at 8 and let’s see what’s posted. 

Cheers
Jeff

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #58 - 10/13/18 at 2:32am
Print Post  
I'm in see you at 9. The TC would like to know what is down where so he can get it cleaned up and open. Scouting for Louis.

IP Logged

MTB4U
Coaster Bike

Reply #59 - 10/13/18 at 11:11am
Print Post  
OK, at 9:00, I'm meeting DG, and anyone else who is joining, by the soccer fields and the pavilion.  No idea where those actually are, never been there, hope I can find them.  I'm in a dark grey, almost black, Chevy Equinox small SUV.  I'll be wearing a black and blue Panthers hat.  My bike is a black Intense Sniper. 
« Last Edit: 10/13/18 at 11:14am by MTB4U »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Print