Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Tailgate Pad (Read 750 times)
49erRider
Ex Member

Tailgate Pad
10/18/18 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Hey,

I drive a F-350 and have a Dakine pad I've used forever.  Thinking about replacing it with one that has a flap for the backup camera.  Any experience, with how well the flaps fold up and stay folded? 

Thanks

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Zakaraia Hermes
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Tailgate Pad
Reply #1 - 10/19/18 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
The new ones have a hook. I’ve been running mine permanently  for almost 2 years up and no issues. No idea why the flap is been there if there ever is an issue I’ll cut it off as they have never served a purpose

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

btalley
Big Ring

aka "Lil Bill" or "Squatch"

Reply #2 - 10/20/18 at 4:41am
Print Post  
49erRider wrote on 10/18/18 at 1:03pm:
Hey,

I drive a F-350 and have a Dakine pad I've used forever.  Thinking about replacing it with one that has a flap for the backup camera.  Any experience, with how well the flaps fold up and stay folded? 

Thanks

You're gonna need more truck to haul a bike or two.  My F-250 struggles with a few bikes on board

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

No clue about a tailgate pad and camera since I don't own one.

Everyone needs at least one boat! 

Talley's Pier 77 Marine
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
IP Logged

NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Reply #3 - 10/20/18 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Take a look at the Thule tail gator product. I’ve owned one of those for 14 years and never had a problem with either the bikes or truck over literally thousands of miles. Easy to set up too. If I hadn’t sold my truck to my son I’d still be using it - although I guess I still do since I “borrow” it periodically.

IP Logged

BigBikeMike
Project Board

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #4 - 10/20/18 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
I went up to the MC and bought a tailgate pad for my truck, but it didn't fit. My truck is a 97 Ford Ranger with a stepside bed, so the tailgate pad was too wide.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print