Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Half enchilada wwc (Read 16439 times)
santana
Little Ring

Ich bin für Sie zu schnell

Re: Half enchilada wwc
Reply #100 - 01/17/19 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
The M&M's were really cold. I grabbed a cup full of M&M's, well 2 cups really and held them in my mouth for like 1.4 miles before I gave in and just chewed them up. I thought they were still great.

So now onto a more serious note. How many competitors in the Whole Enchilada race cut the course? As in omitting Tower trail or Wedge Trail or Weigh Station?

ciao
Santana

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Do you suffur from nympholespy as I?

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #101 - 01/18/19 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
santana wrote on 01/17/19 at 11:25pm:
The M&M's were really cold. I grabbed a cup full of M&M's, well 2 cups really and held them in my mouth for like 1.4 miles before I gave in and just chewed them up. I thought they were still great.

So now onto a more serious note. How many competitors in the Whole Enchilada race cut the course? As in omitting Tower trail or Wedge Trail or Weigh Station?

ciao
Santana

Why you think some may have cut the race? really? 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

pearl
Little Ring

Reply #102 - 01/18/19 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
based on strava fly by, not many people did at the spots you mentioned...

i thought they did a pretty good job at marking the course, so if someone did cut the course, they did it knowingly, not by accident
« Last Edit: 01/18/19 at 7:22pm by pearl »  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

sager
Big Ring

Waiting for my next ride!

Reply #103 - 01/18/19 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
yeah, I wasn't confused at any point, even on the new stuff that I did not know at all.  I did think Thread was particularly leafy, which at times had me looking for the trail.  I know it well so wasn't too hard for me, but I wonder if others had issues.

IP Logged

JokerSC
Little Ring

Reply #104 - 01/18/19 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
santana wrote on 01/17/19 at 11:25pm:

ciao
Santana

Last year when I did the Whole, I know of at least 3 people who cut the course. They were on my Strava. Two of their faces I know and they were behind me, never passed me, but finished before me. (thats a sweet trick!  Smiley )

It wouldn't have impacted the winners though, just some guys mid-pack. 

RideMFRide

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #105 - 01/18/19 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
pearl wrote on 01/17/19 at 7:13pm:
You ballin day of registerers

Whatever.  I'm too cheap for day of, so I registered on the last day of online.

IP Logged

teamdicky
Big Ring

Which way is out?

Reply #106 - 01/18/19 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Interesting conversation about cutting the course.   Being basically a local, I thought about how easy one could cut out a loop... but you'd wanna know that you weren't seen... and not mebbe be a guy on pink wheels so someone you cheated wouldn't be all, "Hey, that pink wheel guy never passed me!"

And that part of Thread and Needle that hasn't been ridden in months?  I really wondered if I was on the course at times.  Mebbe a little assurance tape in the trees woulda been nice in there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Print