Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Trailer hitch installed? (Read 1612 times)
schnebit
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Trailer hitch installed?
11/13/19 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Can anyone recommend someone to install a trailer hitch. The dealership that I purchased my car doesn't offer one but they have said that an aftermarket one won't void my warranty. I would attempt it myself but the videos all say my exhaust needs to be dropped in order to accommodate the hitch and also I do not have access to ramps to access under my car.
Thanks

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

I'm too old for the big ring. That's why I only have one

IP Logged

Mike 5
Small Cog

Re: Trailer hitch installed?
Reply #1 - 11/14/19 at 1:55am
Print Post  
I’ve installed several. Go to YouTube for directions, they are pretty easy to do. Dropping the muffler usually just involves pulling the muffler hanger off the pin (takes a little muscle and some wd-40). I’ve put hitches on a VW Jetta, Kia Koup, Honda CRV, and a Jeep Wrangler. It was a very similar process for everyone except for the Wrangler (which was the easiest.)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"Bad decisions make for great stories."

IP Logged

BeardofshMe
Coaster Bike

Reply #2 - 11/14/19 at 11:09am
Print Post  
I used A&B truck and trailer years ago and they were efficient and reasonable with pricing...They are in Stallings...

704-535-8422
« Last Edit: 11/14/19 at 11:11am by BeardofshMe »  

IP Logged

Yellowduck
Big Ring

Reply #3 - 11/14/19 at 11:53am
Print Post  
I've put a couple on for some trailblazers if you want to come to Concord to get it installed.  PM me if your interested.

"Riding skinny is too easy"
-MB
IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #4 - 11/14/19 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
I went to a u-haul in Hickory. They had the best prices and a good warranty. I checked a couple u-hauls in Charlotte, and they were all pretty much the same. The Hickory location was just closer to me

GTalk  
IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #5 - 11/15/19 at 12:09am
Print Post  
BeardofshMe wrote on 11/14/19 at 11:09am:
I used A&B truck and trailer years ago and they were efficient and reasonable with pricing...They are in Stallings...

704-535-8422

I've used these guys several times and they are awesome.  Hendrick Mercedes and BMW sends cars to them to do after market installs

IP Logged

Ridefour15
Little Ring

Reply #6 - 11/28/19 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I got mine installed at Uhaul, $130 or so including installation.  It's cheaper and faster if you don't need wiring (i.e. if you only need it for a bike rack, not for towing).  I was there for an appointment when they opened and it was barely an hour; half that time was waiting for the guy to come in because he was late.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print