Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic New guy moving from Bentonville - Rock Hill area (Read 1819 times)
SkiDaddy7

New guy moving from Bentonville - Rock Hill area
03/29/21 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Hey guys & gals I'm relocating with a new job, it's just north of Rock Hill. Not sure where I'll be renting a house for myself & the family but trail access will be a factor.; I'm looking for something within a 20 minute drive if that helps. I'm an intermediate level rider and avid Dirt Biker, riding the MB mostly after work weekdays for fun & exercise. Are there any good technical MB trails within a 20 minute drive of Rock Hill? What about not so technical but fun trails? Bike is an Ibis Ripmo AF so a pretty capable machine. I'll ride down stuff like in the picture no sweat. Don't have the legs & lungs yet to go up much like that, only if I can carry some speed going in.

Thanks!

IP Logged

SkiDaddy7

Re: New guy moving from Bentonville - Rock Hill area
Reply #1 - 03/29/21 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Can't attach the picture?

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #2 - 03/29/21 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Anne Springs Greenway - 10 minutes from Rock Hill.  12 ish fast flowy miles.  Not overly technical but you can get a great workout 

US National Whitewater Center - 25 ish minutes from Rock Hill.  40+ miles.  Mix of dead flat to steep climbs \ technical downhills.  Nothing overly gnar.  Great mix of trails.
« Last Edit: 03/29/21 at 4:07pm by Robert C. »  

IP Logged

Trey L. Rider

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 04/02/21 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Try Baxter if you're looking for something a little technical.

IP Logged

DavidM
Little Ring

Work & Ride with THTB!

Reply #4 - 04/05/21 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Is Baxter still open & ride-able?  I rode at Baxter once.  Once.  It nearly killed my weak-@$$!  It was long ago in '11, I think it was.  I tagged along on an after work bike-shop ride w/the guys from Tailwind Cycles.  Man...the climbs!  That ride put a hurtin' on me in more ways than 1!  I recall some real nice sections but a fair amount of it was out-n-back which, personally, is a major detractor.  Needless to say, I survived the ordeal intact but never managed to venture back.  Maybe next time...

Ephesians 5:11 Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

IP Logged

DSO
Coaster Bike

Reply #5 - 04/08/21 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Robert C. wrote on 03/29/21 at 4:04pm:
Anne Springs Greenway - 10 minutes from Rock Hill.  12 ish fast flowy miles.  Not overly technical but you can get a great workout 

US National Whitewater Center - 25 ish minutes from Rock Hill.  40+ miles.  Mix of dead flat to steep climbs \ technical downhills.  Nothing overly gnar.  Great mix of trails.

I live near Rock Hill and these two trails are my go-to trails. You can buy a yearly pass for both places.

IP Logged

Trey L. Rider

Reply #6 - 05/03/21 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Yes, Baxter is still open. In fact there are a lot more new trails added out there recently. There are enough trails that you dont need to go out and back, although it can be confusing if you dont know your way around. And yes, plenty of hills.

IP Logged

SkiDaddy7

Reply #7 - 06/11/21 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Well I'm moved in (Off Moore's Creek Road, behind the Food Lion on the inside of 485) and have ridden North Main and East main (I think) at the Whitewater center, was pretty fun.  Smiley

Now with the rain I need to find somewhere open and not too muddy for Saturday. Was thinking Poston Park, which is 20 minutes from home. Any other suggestions?

IP Logged

largefarva

Reply #8 - 06/11/21 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Poston is a great option. I'm probably going there tomorrow. Drains well and never closes. Also sneakily has some of the best jumps in the area. Another good option (but more of a drive from Rock Hill) is Rocky River. Its almost always open and well drained after wet weather. Not sure if the portion of the trail that was closed for bridge repair has been reopened yet...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print