Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Ridge Cycle Hub in Lexington, NC (Read 1233 times)
team_ssr
Big Ring

Do hard things

The Ridge Cycle Hub in Lexington, NC
05/18/21 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Has anyone ridden this trail yet?  Looking for feedback on what to expect.  Grand opening was last Saturday (May 14th).  I am entered in the race coming  up on Saturday the 22nd.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Deo Volente
IP Logged

team_ssr
Big Ring

Do hard things

Re: The Ridge Cycle Hub in Lexington, NC
Reply #1 - 05/19/21 at 10:02am
Print Post  
I had the chance to ride a few laps of the trail last night.  It's pretty fast and flowy.  Lots of berm-ed corners.  The laps are pretty short - I was under 25 minutes at a very comfortable pace on SS.  It's pretty fun and easy to get to.  There were quite a few others riding last night as well.

Deo Volente
IP Logged

TrillWill
IB Room
In The Loop
Project Board

THTB Board member 16'-23'
LKN TC

Reply #2 - 05/19/21 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Nice, I watched a video of the trail on the local club's youtube channel.  Looked fun!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Ride boards, ride bikes, ride life #shredeverything

IP Logged

zino
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #3 - 05/26/21 at 6:31am
Print Post  
I was the layout guy and have basically a thousand hours building trail at "The Ridge Cycle Hub" just off Business 85 in Lexington on the Old City Lake.  This build fell under the "Roadies and Dirties" mountain bike group whose president Nicole Smith worked years to get underway.

We planned ten miles immediatiatly....within a couple years of opening, but...

In the meantime a government entity called TRIP (Tourism, Recreation, Investment Partnership) has been given the upcoming year's contract (this is 100 acres of City of Lexington land but in Davidson County, not the city limits--- a drinking water reservoir) to control this project.  The project controller TRIP has put a screetching halt to trail development for now.

It is our guess that TRIP is most interested/motivated in grants to fund an outside (but maybe inside) trail build, hopefully soon.  That would get us up to the ten miles we origninally planned.  Ah.....regulators regulate, and SLOW things to an "approval" control pace.

Life is great.....if you can stand it! Grin

« Last Edit: 05/26/21 at 7:01pm by zino »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print