Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Anyone ride Ride Kanuga? (Read 890 times)
Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Anyone ride Ride Kanuga?
08/10/22 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Feedback if you have please - particularly on the whole e bike / e bike tow strap thing.

IP Logged

JoeT
Small Cog

Re: Anyone ride Ride Kanuga?
Reply #1 - 08/10/22 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Its fun. If you havent been you need to go. The trail to the top is smooth an wide and you can spin up almost the whole way then it gets a little steeper at the top. If you have a good base of fitness you could do runs all day long. Bring the lawn chairs and spend the day. Plenty of variety on the downs to find what you like and comfortable with.
They are renting Specialized ebikes and if you wanted to use a tow rope then you should rent the Turbo Levo. That is a full power trail bike. The bikes with the SL designation have less power and smaller batteries but they are lighter. I have never towed anybody with my ebike but if you are gona rent and they allow it why not?

IP Logged

Metalmok
Coaster Bike

I would rather ride than
work

Reply #2 - 08/11/22 at 8:29am
Print Post  
When I went I was of moderate fitness and I managed only 6 runs the whole day because it took me so long to ride up. I had serious E-bike envy when I would get passed, over and over, by the same people, all day long. I saw a couple of people doing the tow rope thing and it looked like it worked really well.

*Side note:10 and 11 year olds on E-bikes are really annoying...

Please consider the environment before you...

...play your Bluetooth speaker in the woods.

IP Logged

JeffKill
Small Cog

Reply #3 - 08/12/22 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Kanuga is a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend an ebike for self shuttles. They rent them there also. A few of us are heading up there tomorrow.

Without pain, I'd never know what comfort was.

IP Logged

Robert C.
Big Ring

Leaves are the ultimate
trail maintenance tool

Reply #4 - 08/12/22 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Can anyone rent a tow rope and find a friendly e biker to pull them?

IP Logged

JoeT
Small Cog

Reply #5 - 08/13/22 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Better bring a hand full of $5 bills too. If I was a kid lived around there and had a ebike I would be there every weekend giving towes for $

IP Logged

808golden
Little Ring

More beer, please!

Reply #6 - 10/10/22 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
I bought the season pass last year and loved it! Health and damn business issues have kept me away this season but I'd go anytime of the year if it's dry (during winter.  Don't like cold and wet!) The place actually drains super well and they rarely "close" to pass holders.

I have a Turbo Levo and it is the tool for that place! Any decent e-bike transforms the experience.  Even if I was super fit and had my 28 lb enduro I would still use the ebike.  That place was litterally made for them!

As far as tow ropes go...I saw one dad doing laps with his son.  Another guy told me that Spesh had replaced his blown motor and came back with a note about towing. Said doooon't do it.  You have been warned!  But in all seriousness Kanuga (and Kerr Scott/ Warrior Mtn. in Wilksbermo for that matter) is a great place to spend a day or two!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print