Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate w/ Vorsprung Secus (Read 334 times)
James Banta
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate w/ Vorsprung Secus
12/28/22 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
$650 - local pickup only (close to Bike Source)
Photos are here:  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

This is a Lyrik WITH a Vorsprung Secus. I've ridden the fork ~ once a week for the past year and its in great shape. Serviced regularly etc. The charger 2.1 damper was bought new summer 2021.

Fork offset: 42mm offset
Steerer tube length: 7"

To help with small bump compliance, I've burnished the bushings on the fork and have installed the green SKF seals.  I can also include spare maxima bath oil as well as a fresh set of rockshox seals for $15.  There are no stickers on the fork, but the pictured sticker pack will be included.

For travel options, below is how you can set up the fork:
160mm C1 air spring (installed in photos)
160mm B1 air spring (recommended by vorsprung over C1 air spring due to more negative air volume)
150mm Secus w/ B1 seal head 070 air spring shaft
160mm Secus w/ B1 seal head 070 air spring shaft
-$200 if you don't want the SECUS

My .02 cents on Rockshox forks for those in the market for a Lyrik.
I've bought into the marketing hype and tried the new 2023 Lyrik ultimate...and it was surprisingly terrible.  I believe they took a step back in damper design since the new Charger 3  is essentially designed for the Flight Attendant.  I've since learned after talking to tuners that the Charger 3's base-valve shims are preloaded like the original charger damper which causes harshness on square edge hits.   The '23 year model air spring does offer more support but is massively progressive.  IMO...the Secus on the old model fork outshines the new air spring.  If you after a top shelf fork tuned to your bike and riding style, get the Charger damper tuned to match the Secus and you'll be blown away.  Tongue

IP Logged

James Banta
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Re: Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate w/ Vorsprung Secus
Reply #1 - 04/03/23 at 9:39am
Print Post  
$375 for the fork w/o SECUS (local pickup only)
If you want the SECUS with the fork, shoot me a message.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print