Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic ERD? (Read 611 times)
twinsdad
Ex Member

ERD?
07/14/13 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Just ordered some DT XR400 29 wheels...They Use a Straight Pull 350 hub and spokes...The ERD on these is 603mm...Could I use the same spokes if I wanted to sell the rims and get some Flow EX 29er?  The ERD on the Flow's is 601mm....I think I'm a bit husky for the XR400's but I got a smoking deal on the wheel set (not much more than the price of the rear hub only).....And I really like the 350 hubs....The XR's will probably be up for sale soon as well....Brand new...If anyone is interested....
« Last Edit: 07/14/13 at 8:50pm by »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Re: ERD?
Reply #1 - 07/14/13 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
It's gonna be close. You are better off if you actually measure both rims. Posted ERDs can be a bit suspect. 

If they are acurate, you might end up with a little extra spoke poking out of the bottom of the nipple. 
There is nothing worse than doing the final tesion on a wheel and bottoming out the threads in the nipple.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

twinsdad
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/14/13 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Thanks Enoch...Might just try and find some of these to be safe then...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #3 - 07/14/13 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I would prolly go for it. Do the rear first.

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print