Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Any other over 50? Join us (Read 7809 times)
NC Kingsting
Small Cog

Veni Vidi Vici

Re: Any other over 50? Join us
Reply #20 - 08/31/17 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Chuck
I'm hooped from today through Saturday. Between work and wife I'm booked solid. Will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully I'll catch one of these opportunities soon. 
Cheers
Jeff

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Big Chuck
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #21 - 09/07/17 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Well now that the rain is gone and more on the way I'm planning to ride Friday Saturday and maybe Sunday after 11:00 am. 
If anyone wants to join me your welcome to do so.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

"By His Grace I Ride,Ride On"
Big Chuck
IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

Irritating animated GIF...
I'll remove it soon.

Reply #22 - 09/08/17 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Big Chuck wrote on 09/07/17 at 11:45pm:
Well now that the rain is gone and more on the way I'm planning to ride Friday Saturday and maybe Sunday after 11:00 am. 
If anyone wants to join me your welcome to do so.

Chuck, I'm up for a ride this weekend. Was thinking of ASC or BYT... either Sat or Sun morning.

IP Logged

Big Chuck
Coaster Bike

Reply #23 - 09/08/17 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
I sent you a PM

Big Chuck
IP Logged

SCOTT_T
Big Ring

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #24 - 09/08/17 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Springs ?

IP Logged

Mike 5
Small Cog

Reply #25 - 09/08/17 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Depending on time and location, I might be able to make it,

"Bad decisions make for great stories."

IP Logged

Big Chuck
Coaster Bike

Reply #26 - 09/08/17 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
SCOTT_T wrote on 09/08/17 at 12:46pm:
Springs ?

I've never ridden Springs. Can you do Sunday afternoon. 

Big Chuck
IP Logged

Coaster Bike

Reply #27 - 09/08/17 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
has any decision been rendered on this potential ride?
day, time, location?
inquiring old man's minds want to know

Have a GREAT day!!!

IP Logged

worker-rider
In The Loop

Reply #28 - 09/09/17 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Heading to DuPont to do the tourist loop that gets the good views,creek crossings,downhills and waterfalls. I hope to stop by Lolas restaurant in Brevard. Bruce will be happy to see us. Next time though I'm in.

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

I'll remove it soon.

Reply #29 - 09/09/17 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Only time i can ride turns out to be Sunday morning and I would welcome company.

Since Scott is up at DuPont, I'm nixing BYT. I get lost out there unless he's guiding. So, I'm heading to ASC (aka Springs). 

I'm WAY over 50 and not very fast. I'll be in the parking lot at 9:30 in a gray Toyota pickup. I prefer riding from the dairy barn, up to the complex and back. It's called the Adventure Road Entrance. Address: 148 Adventure Road, Fort Mill, SC 29715

CHUCK: Hope this works for you... I'll give you a call.

ORRIN: I'll text you back... hope to see you there!

IP Logged

Big Chuck
Coaster Bike

Reply #30 - 09/10/17 at 2:00am
Print Post  
abruzzopat wrote on 09/09/17 at 12:31pm:
Only time i can ride turns out to be Sunday morning and I would welcome company.

Since Scott is up at DuPont, I'm nixing BYT. I get lost out there unless he's guiding. So, I'm heading to ASC (aka Springs). 

I'm WAY over 50 and not very fast. I'll be in the parking lot at 9:30 in a gray Toyota pickup. I prefer riding from the dairy barn, up to the complex and back. It's called the Adventure Road Entrance. Address: 148 Adventure Road, Fort Mill, SC 29715

CHUCK: Hope this works for you... I'll give you a call.

ORRIN: I'll text you back... hope to see you there!

Turns out I have a funeral tommarow so maybe next week .

Big Chuck
IP Logged

Coaster Bike

Reply #31 - 09/10/17 at 3:01am
Print Post  
i'll be there

Have a GREAT day!!!

IP Logged

moltomonty

Reply #32 - 09/10/17 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Okay over 50 here, and not fast..  live in Locust area,  just getting back into biking. Been riding  mostly on road so far. Would love to get in some biking with others.  I'm off a lot thru the week.  just let me know.   (btw question) .. I've got a  bike set up for road '  and off road w fat tires,  but no front shocks ,  will it work ok? thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 09/11/17 at 5:22pm by moltomonty »  

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

I'll remove it soon.

Reply #33 - 09/11/17 at 12:17am
Print Post  
moltomonty wrote on 09/10/17 at 8:29pm:
Okay over 50 here, and not fast..  live in Locust area,  just getting back into biking. Been riding  mostly on road so far. Would love to get in some biking with others.  I'm off a lot thru the week.  just let me know if any interest. goldmonty@yahoo.com.   (btw question) .. I've got a  bike set up for road '  and off road w fat tires,  but no front shocks ,  will it work ok? thanks in advance.

Hey Monty, welcome to the forum.

First, I recommend not posting your email address on the public forum... you may end up with a lot of spam or phishing emails.

If you have a fat tire rigid frame bike, there are trails around Charlotte where you could ride depending on your fitness/skill level and the quality of the bike and components.

The newish Paradise Loop at Anne Springs which we rode today would be a good place to give it a go.

Keep posting about looking for riding partners and you should find someone... I personally cannot usually ride during the week.

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #34 - 09/11/17 at 11:35am
Print Post  
I'm well over 50 and ride during the day. I have a non suspended bike that I ride sometimes. It does just fine at all the trails I ride.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

SCOTT_T
Big Ring

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #35 - 09/11/17 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
I think this for the over 50 slow crowd.....you dont apply.

IP Logged

moltomonty

Reply #36 - 09/11/17 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys, I've got a specialized sirrus that I ride on road. Just picked up a new giant toughroad that I'm gonna be riding  on and off road,  (mostly off) .  The Sherman Branch trails are closest to me I think. Reckon the toughroad would be ok in there?   
     Rode this morning on road,  man some big headwinds out there with Irma down south kicking around. 
     Thanks abruzzopat, for the heads up. I'm around limited on weekends, work some, run off some.. Enoch maybe we can try it sometime coming soon,  just let me know...

IP Logged

Enoch
Forum Administrator
IB Room
Project Board
In The Loop

Walked with God and he
was not

Reply #37 - 09/11/17 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
you could do most of Sherman on the Giant Toughroad,. There has been a many a Crossbike ridden there. I think it is more a Gravel Road oriented bike. The biggest thing will be tire/rim management.

Do what you like. Stop hating people for their riding habits and get back to hating them for their skin color, religion, politics, and sexual orientation.

IP Logged

abruzzopat
Little Ring

I'll remove it soon.

Reply #38 - 09/12/17 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Enoch wrote on 09/11/17 at 5:51pm:
you could do most of Sherman on the Giant Toughroad,. There has been a many a Crossbike ridden there. I think it is more a Gravel Road oriented bike. The biggest thing will be tire/rim management.

Agreed. Sherman is a trail where you just need a good quality bike with decent tires and wheels. Suspension just make things more comfortable.

IP Logged

DG
Small Cog

Reply #39 - 09/12/17 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
abruzzopat wrote on 09/12/17 at 12:58am:

Agreed. Sherman is a trail where you just need a good quality bike with decent tires and wheels. Suspension just make things more comfortable.

Hey mr abruzzo took the Chinese student twice at Ballantyne. You did a great work. It is my new prefferd trail if only SCOTT would come... Or any of you over 50 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Print