Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Hydration Pack Reccomendations (Read 3411 times)
Impaler 58
Big Ring

Re: Hydration Pack Reccomendations
Reply #20 - 09/29/19 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
[b]I remember being out on bivouac, we were supposed to bury our buissness. But most folks would find a river or a stream to avoid the labor involved

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)
GTalk  
IP Logged

Zakaraia Hermes
Coaster Bike

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #21 - 09/30/19 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Wow that’s sad that the military didn’t educate you better. Pretty common in third world foreign countries for people to be bathing drinking fishing in those waters .... not very responsible

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #22 - 10/01/19 at 1:48am
Print Post  
Zakaraia Hermes wrote on 09/30/19 at 12:42pm:
Wow that’s sad that the military didn’t educate you better. Pretty common in third world foreign countries for people to be bathing drinking fishing in those waters .... not very responsible

Grin

You can't even get people to follow the rules on 485. What makes you think they will do so out in the back country some place or on a battlefield where death lurks around every corner.

Here, you're about 2 or 3 weeks from being a third world country. 

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Impaler 58
Big Ring

Reply #23 - 10/04/19 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Zakaraia Hermes wrote on 09/30/19 at 12:42pm:

Back in the 70s, we made an Indian cry. And also back then, the military advertised traveling the world and learning a new skill. They didn't say anything about being Grizzly Adams. But even the folks who just dump without burying. It will still eventually make it in the stream. I was camping at Mills River, and there was a little girl in the stream who told her mother she needed to go potty. Her mother said to just go in the stream. I'm sure you believe your Waters are very pristine. So believe what you must. If you haven't gotten sick, then I guess it's ok. I myself will just drink from my bladder Cool

GTalk  
IP Logged

Slothzilla
Small Cog

Work Ride Tarheel Trailblazers

Reply #24 - 10/04/19 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Impaler 58 wrote on 10/04/19 at 5:30pm:

Back in the 70s, we made an Indian cry. And also back then, the military advertised traveling the world and learning a new skill. They didn't say anything about being Grizzly Adams. But even the folks who just dump without burying. It will still eventually make it in the stream. I was camping at Mills River, and there was a little girl in the stream who told her mother she needed to go potty. Her mother said to just go in the stream. I'm sure you believe your Waters are very pristine. So believe what you must. If you haven't gotten sick, then I guess it's ok. I myself will just drink from my bladder Cool

I just read that as you're going to drink your own urine as opposed to someone else's. Patches O'Houlihan would be proud.   

IP Logged

IntheBush
Big Ring

Reply #25 - 10/07/19 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Let me just say, I don't carry water at all when I ride locally.
Even when it's brutally hot.
I'm like a camel, I hydrate before I ride.

There is an exception or two. When the ride is in more remote areas, especially long and during the hot months.

In the old days in the mountains, hydration packs didn't exist. We carried a bottle and a few purification pills. A small filter or straw of today would be better.

I'll have to say, I kind of chuckle when I see guys riding with hydration packs on local area trails.. I've got one. It gathers dust. Can't remember ever using it.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print